cars and runnning costs

Kimbo

Reaction score
im thinking of getting a new (well, 2nd hand) car before the baby's born because i'm finding it quite costly to run now.

its a 1999 renualt clio and i paid £1500 for it.
tax is £110 a year, insurance is £650 a year... and £30 fills the petrol tank up.
id say i use a full tank a week.
ive been drving for 2 and a half years so have 2 years no claims.
whats everyone elses cost?
im 19 and i know insurance goes off age etc and how long uve been driving for.

dont forget im a student so i struggle! lol

erm , my insurance is 700 , which isnt bad considering i had a theft last year . tax is high tho as its a 1.8 and being 200 bhp , it eat petrol like its going out of fashion :rotfl: but i dont have to use it for work , infact i hardly use her ! but when im not gonan be working , my van has to go back so will be in car alot more ! hence why i might have to give up my lil miss sporty hatch back for a diesel :rotfl: :cry: oh and the fact i paid 10500 for her and now would be lucky to get 6 / 7 k max and its only 2 years on :cry:

oh im 25 , and only have 2 ync due to the theft last year took 2 off me :twisted: and car is grp 16 insurance :lol:

as a student i used endsleigh as they do a 20% discount for students

My car cost £3500 (seat ibiza 2001) tax £140 per year, insurance £200 per year (6 yrs NCB :wink: ) full tank costs £40, use a tank full while at work evry 2 weeks or on maternity leave every 2 months (only use once a week for the shop, otherwise i catch the tram everywhere- Only filled it up once since Jake was born LOL)

been driving for 6 years (but im 28)

In the new year me and OH are both gonna sell our cars (well, part X mine) and we are getting a BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!!!!! Im so excited :cheer: :cheer:

cost of services/mot and excess even if some1 hits you.

my car was 12,000 , tax and services every year. I had a trusty ford fiesta before and never had any problems. I had no claims for 4 years till i got my new car.

since getting my new car its been broken into twice, a bus hit it and broke the wheel aligement, suspension, wheel etc etc and then the man denied it (it took over a year to get them to pay up). I've had it keyed.

just remember if some1 crashes in2 you you still have to pay your excess!

Mines a 2004 Clio, it cost £7500. Its £120 a year tax and £550 a year insurance (Im 22, been driving for 4 years).

My insurance is with Norwich Union, when my car was vandalised a few months ago I only had £100 excess to pay and it hasn't affected my no claims :cheer:

It takes about £38 to fill the tank up and that lasts me about a week cos half the time I drive around just cos Im bored :lol:

My car had its first MOT a week ago and it failed :shock: :lol: Luckily I get MOT's and services done for free at OH's garage so he fixed it and an hour later it passed *phew* :D

mines cost basically the same as your kim, i drive a 1.3 Ford Ka
however i have 4 years no claims and i pay £19 a month insurance (only 3rd party /fire & theft) so that about £250 a year insurance and thats with endsleigh.
same tax as your and probably the same to get a full tank, although depends on how much the petrol prices are.
Im 22 but i dont think they stop classing you as a younger driver until your 25, im not sure though.

my car was free my mum gave it 2 me. its poo tho its a massive volvo 11 years old. tax is £190 insurance is £456 and its £55 to fill the tank up. i hardly drive now tho im on maternity leave. cant wait 2 get my mums suzuki jimny its lovely & shiney & convertible

I have a N Reg Citroen Saxo 1.1 which cost me £900 about 2 years ago.

Tax - £110 per year

Insurance(4 years NC and Fully Comp with Direct Line) - £275 per year.

Petrol - My car does about 100 miles per £10 of petrol on the current petrol prices ( about 95p a litre).

My OH is a car mechanic so I only have to buy the parts if anything goes wrong with my car which has saved me quite a bit of money. I also save money on my MOT tests. All in all I think my car is fairly cheap to run and so far it has only had a couple of minor things go wrong with it.

Gemma & Jake said:
My OH is a car mechanic so I only have to buy the parts if anything goes wrong with my car which has saved me quite a bit of money. I also save money on my MOT tests. All in all I think my car is fairly cheap to run and so far it has only had a couple of minor things go wrong with it.

Me too, great isn't it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back