Carpel tunnel syndrome?

*Star*

Reaction score
i wake up in the morning and my little fingers on both hands and my hand and to a lesser extent my ring fingers are either totally numb or have baaad pins and needles.

now im pretty sure its carpal tunnel syndrome. it sounds llike it from what ive read.

has anyone got any tips to relieve it, cause its happening pretty much every morning and i cant use my hands until i get the feeling back into them!

the only thing im not sure about is that its only part of my hands. i thought that carpel tunnel syndrome affected the whole hand?

Not sure on this but sounds horrid, hope you find something to ease it soon. Is this yet another fun symptom of pregnancy?

Ooh I have this! :wave: LOL
I have it without being pregnant though! :(
I find theres not much I can do to ease it except totally relax my hand and wrist!
My OH's sister had this bad and had to have surgery!? :shock: I didnt even know it got that bad until then! Hopefully mine will stay as it is!? I have it so long now! :roll:

I had it very occasionally before pregnancy, but with my boys I never had it with any more frequency.

Perhaps have a word with your doctor or midwife, they may be able to suggest something :hug:

I get this too but usually only in my right hand and only usually in all my fingers except my index finger. It's sooooo annoying, it's happening every morning too!!

I find that the only thing that gets the feeling back to all my fingers is to dangle my hand over the edge of the bed to increase the blood to them. I know that's not very medical but it works for me.

i'm a physio so can explain that if it is carpal tunnel, it only compresses a specific nerve which supplies a lot of but not the whole hand (we have a few others supplying different parts of the hand). At it's worst try to keep your hand in a neutral position ie. don't bend it up or down cos that compresses the nerve more. And perhaps try raising your arm up with your hand above your head. If there is swelling in there, it might help fluid to run back up the arm, possibly alleviating the swelling that causes the symptoms. To be honest, have it checked out properly, cos then you can have a proper diagnosis and treatment to follow.

thanks nat. ill try and fall asleep with my hands above my head tonight, see if that helps!

from what ive read online it says people have the numbness in the thumb, index, middle and the first half of the ring finger, but mine is always the little finger and the other half of the ring finger.

wierd...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back