Care workers perspective needed

Still not sure i want to carry on there but will play it by ear and im on the look out for something else.
Having had a lot of input in running places, im struggling with the back biting between the shift workers and moans and groans. Im used to a more proffesional atmosphere etc
I think i need to look for something different.

Sometimes negative energy feeds on people, I feel like this here. I was in a totally different place when I started working here, and I feel the constant bitching and moaning is rubbing off on me.

Not a nice feeling.

Most people are welcoming, wee gabby things :p

xxx

Ive just given my notice :( im gutted i had to do it but i feel so happy with the decision.
I havent heard back, but i did say it was due to unfriendliness without out lining details.
I said i would still do the shifts im booked in for.
I need to work in a proffesional friendly enviorenment, its so important to me.

You did the right thing! I am a lead dental nurse and moved from a really nice practice to one within the same company but closer to home and more money, I hated it!! It was unfriendly, negative, bitchy and bad management - I actually ended up on anti depressants during my time there and left after I had my miscarriage in 2013. It was the worst decision to move there and the best decision to leave. x

The manager called me a week later to discuss what went wrong.
She did say there were lots of new people being interviewed and felt it important to get things right for the future.
Im doing my last shift tonight.
In a way it has been good, as its definitely closed a door. Ive worked previously for the organisation for many years in different places and now its confirmed that it really is goodbye. Possibly goodbye to carework in general, but its a scary decision to make as it is mostly all i have known. After having a break for 6 years, i have found it hard.
Going to a place with fresh eyes, while people are on auto pilot, walking into rooms, turning the light and throwing back patients duvets without a word spoken.
If i ever do decide to try care work again i think i will volunteer in a place first if i can, maybe help with meals or anything i would be allowed to do, so i can get to know a place and staff and then see if a job comes available if im happy.
its so important to me to work in a friendly helpful place.
I hope something good comes along!
Thanks for all your replies xx

Hope it works out better for you in the future.. a shame that the people there weren't nice when you went to this place. xx

I also work in a nursing home at the moment. When i first started (2 years ago now) i felt very much the same. I found the staff stuck together and where quite threatened by new members of staff.
This completely turned around and changed once i dug my heels in and brought to them the experience and knowledge that the new staff didn't have. I have 8 years experience and i wasn't there to be talked to like a piece of trash!
I get on so well with my team at work now, and i think in a healthcare setting team work is absolutely essential to help run the ward/unit at its very best.
I didn't approach my manager about this because it was very early days for me. I kept my head held high and got on with my work.

Show them you mean business :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back