Car Seat?

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
Jaida has out grown her car seat that came with the travel system so she needs a new one. Thing is, we don't actually have a car, we get lifts from my grandad or brother etc so I need the car seat to be easy to get in and out of cars. Anybody got any reccommendations?

Is she ready (size and weight-wise) to go into the next stage of car seat? We bought the Maxi cosi priori fix for my car and it stays in my car. However, we bough a Maxi cosi SPS from mothercare (about £80) as a second seat as my m-in-law collects Jenna from nursery once a week. It's light and easy to fit with the seatbelt. I can definitely recommend it :D

How has she outgrown it? in height or weight? They are supposed to be in infant seats until they are at least 9 months - if it is just that her legs are too long for it they say that this is fine, that you only need to worry if their heads are above the top of the seat.

She is too young to go into the next stage car seat yet, even if she weighs over the 20lb mimimum, so your best bet would be to look at a 0-4 car seat, that you can have rear facing for now and then turn around when she gets older, these are bigger than infant carriers so she shouldn't grow out of it for a while yet. I don't know anything about these I am afraid, but I know that Gem and Leland has one - so you could PM her and ask which one.

Her feet hang over the bottom and her head at the top. I actually have another 0-9 months car seat which may be abit bigger (it looks abit bigger), I'll try it and see if its ok.

If she's outgrown it you can buy a combination car seat which faces forwards and backwards. I had to get one of these for my son as he outgrew his but was too young to go forward facing. I'm not sure about easy fitting ones though. :think:

It really depends on her weight, if she is over the weight limit for an infant carrier there is no point getting a 0-4 as it will have to be turned to forward facing at the same stage she is too heavy for an infact carrier (13kg or there abouts) so a 0-4 would be useless unless you got a special nordic group 1 rear facing.

The main thing is her weight or if she is in the seat and her head comes to the top of the chair, if either of these are over then the carseat is usless.

Rudy is .5kg off the weight limit for his unfant carrier so we are looking for a replacement one as we speak. Not sure if he is sturdy enough for a forward facing one just yet so looking at our other options.

x

Sorry to ambush your thread, lol, but we have a MaxiCosi and although it's supposed to last a year Dexter's feet look really awkward in it as they poke out of the bottom quite far so he has to sit with his legs up at an angle....is there any way to adjust or change the seat to prevent this?

mandspice said:
Sorry to ambush your thread, lol, but we have a MaxiCosi and although it's supposed to last a year Dexter's feet look really awkward in it as they poke out of the bottom quite far so he has to sit with his legs up at an angle....is there any way to adjust or change the seat to prevent this?

Ella was like that for ages, I assume you have taken out all the newborn insert stuff? If so, you either have to put up with it, or look at one in the same group that is larger.

Thanks Magic, yeah, we took out the insert ages ago....damn these things are a rip off for £100! We don't have a car so have only used it a handful of times!

feet hanging is ok its if his head goes over the top there's a problem hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back