• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

car insurance

budge

Reaction score
ive been looking about to day to see where i can get the cheapest car insurance.
i was with churchill but this years premium was nearly £430 and i waan't having that. i shopped about a bit and got a good one from Swinton. Nearly a hundred quid cheaper :cheer: AND i can add hubby on the policy as another driver!

who is everyone else with car insurance wise?

try confused.com they r brilliant always save us money

i was confused dot com after all the ringing around!!!

the thingthat baffled me was that the supposedly women friendly insurance brokers were really expensive!!! :shock:

is anyone with a ladies only insurance place????

im with tesco, my insurance is £254 this year with OH as named driver. thats fully comp with 5 years no claims bonus (inc NCB protection)

the strange thing is when i went thru confused.com tesco wouldnt condider me!!!

trouble is with that though tangerine dream. if you're driving it all the time and hae an accident you're only 3rd party you know.

not always i am on my dads and if i have an accident in his we r both fully comp, it was one thing i insisted on when we took it out

well your hubby is named driver of the car you're driving dso only he is fully comp on it. unless of course you are the second driver????

if you havent checked hun with some insurances the second driver is only covered third party so if you had an accident and your oh is the main driver you wouldnt get your car mended only the other car

you hav to makes sure you're both covered fully comp.

insurance is so complicated and bl''dy expensive

Sorry dont think i made myself clear in my original post. phew, you frightened me then :lol:

im the policy holder but he is named on it, he has his own policy for his own car but im not named on that.

ok Sorry to scare you. i scare myself all the time too!

he is named as the second driver then and your the main driver?

We are both insured with Tesco this year, last year it was Direct Line but we got a cheaper quote from Tesco this time around. Might have had something to do with another year of no claims? Might have something to do with a new car? Who knows. I shop around each March for the best yearly deal for the cars we have etc.

I'm now with Budget. My DS (who's just started driving bless him) has his policy with Quinn (Irish company). I got both policies through Confused.com.

I am with Direct Line. I think they are really cheap and they cover you if you get hit by an uninsured driver. The only problem with them is that if you are fully comp you are not insured to drive any other car.

I'm with HIC found them really cheap for modified cars :cheer:

I'm insured with Tesco... i have to pay £70 a month as i can't afford to do it in one payment.. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back