Can't Stop Drinking Diet Coke / Zero Coke!!

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

is there any known damage on an unborn baby if it's mother is permenently drinking Diet Coke?? Don't know what is wrong with me (probably a craving) but whenever I am thirsty that is all I want!!

Obviously, like alcohol, if there was any known damage I would stop straight away :talkhand: :talkhand:

Don't get me wrong, I am not going through litres but just sipping from the fridge every half an hour!

Any thoughts?

Julia xxx

Hey Julia,

I'd be a bit worried about all the caffeine - can you try the caffeine free stuff?

Diet coke is full of rubbish though, have you tried fizzy water instead? I used to love DC but cut it out ages ago and have totally stopped craving it.

Valentine Xxx

I was going to mention the caffeine too - I'm not sure how much there is in coke but you'd do better to switch to caffeine free ASAP just to be safe.

Thanks for your replies,

Which is the caffeine-free coke?

I think I will try fizzy water - did not think about the caffine content to be honest! Will definately stop then...

Thanks for your advice,

Love and mineral water,

Julia xxx

I drank loads of Coke whilst pregnant with Isaac and have the same craving again this time, but this LO is just sugar mad all over :shock: If you're going by recommended guidelines then you can drink quite a bit still so please don't be too hard on yourself, obviously cut it down/out if possible but there are worse things you could be doing, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/n ... affeine/#6

"Guidelines issued by the Food Standards Agency, the Department of Health and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists recommend that women have no more than 300mg of caffeine a day while pregnant. • 1 can of cola = 40mg"

i agree with redshoes, dont worry about it. as long as your not going mental with it & going through bottles & bottles of it. I still drink "normal full fat coke" as a treat every now & then because i know ive not had loads of caffiene already that day :)

I love coke! And even more so since being pregnant but I just make sure I dont over do it! A couple of glasses are ok! I dont drink tea (gone off it since being pregnant) and have the rare cappucino so its not like I drink constant caffeine lol!

Some fab advice, girls...

Really interesting about safe limits - I am not drinking 300mg a day. I am drinking about 2 cans a day or maybe 3...feel better now.

I don't drink tea, coffee, milk. I only drink water, squash, juices and d.coke (AND BLOODY ALOCOHOL NORMALLY :wall: ).

I have a healthy diet with lots of fruit, salad and other nutrients so I feel that my little luxury is d. coke!!

I will definately buy caffine free from now on and maybe fizzy mineral water.

Thanks for the really useful advice,

Julia xxxx

I drink cherry coke every day. It was a life saver during the 20 weeks of morning sickness but I have cut it down now. I also don't drink tea or coffee. I had to drink a coffee when I had a scan at 18 weeks as baby was in an awkward position. I felt like I was drunk then the next day I felt awful, my mum said I was having a caffeine come down so I must be sensitive to caffeine if one cup of coffee made me feel so bad.

Thanks for your reply, Hazel.

I hate coffee. Yes, your mum was probably right about the caffene come down....imagine drinking it all day everyday :puke:

I really fancy cherry coke now you have mentioned it...may get some on my way to work tomorrow (think they also do diet which I prefer)....

Love and coke (cola, that is!)

Julia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back