Can't keep it quiet!

meandthebump

Reaction score
I know most people wait until 12 weeks to tell people but i have been rubbish. We told our families at 6 weeks and have also told qute a few of my friends. Last week my Grandfather died so it's been a hard week. But i am so happy that he knew about this baby as he was so pleased for us. I really hope all goes well with this baby and i am trying to stay positive about it at the moment.
I haven't told work yet so think i will wait another couple of weeks until i've had my scan. I feel there should be a few people left to announce it to!
Is anyone else as bad as me at keeping your news secret?

Yeah, I can't hold my own water!

Our famiy and close friends knew almost as soon as we did, arund 4/5 weeks. I've waited until 7 weeks but am now telling people and work, and everyone we see. Im holding off on a Facebook announcement but it won't be long.

A good friend of mine held off until 12 weeks and I remember feeling a bit 'meh' she hadn't said before. Totally her choice of course. But at the end of the day, if anything did go wrong with my pregnancy, I'd want my family and friends to know whay I was ill/sad/upset anyway.

We told our immediate family as soon as we found out - but have held off extended family and friends until 12 weeks (which will be around christmas so will be great to tell people then!)

I had to tell 2 people at work because I was meant to be doing an xray and couldn't risk it - but it's only my boss and another senior person that know. Good also as boss says now that she knows she can make some allowances for if I need time of with sickness or whatever (hopefully not though!)

It's one of these things - I'm dying to tell but at the same time it feels really special having a secret that nobody else knows!

We told family as soon as we found out and a few close friends know too. I'm great at keeping other peoples secrets but not my own :lol:

I got 9 days till my scan....then im gonna tell the world and do the facebook announcement ha! :lol:

With Zac, we told people and it got out quite early, but for some reason with this one we have decided to keep it zipped till we have the scan. Only close friends and immediate family know so cant wait! Lets hope all goes well at the scan then I can blab :D

Im excactly the same if i have really good news i have to tell other people...
I was dead chuffed when i found out that i was pregnant and i wanted to tell the world bout my good news.... nut i thought 'no me and my partner will wait till my first scan then tell every one after'... the only people i have told is my family and also one of my bestest friends who i trust very much and we went to school together and we used to go out together so i trust him very much...

so we are just going to wait till after my scan

Im actually dreading telling my family!

I know they will be really supportive and everything but its still terrifying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back