Can't get anything done!!!

Urchin

Reaction score
HELP!

I've had this problem which has progressively got worse over the last few weeks and today has really reached it's peak.
Brody has totally lost interest in all of his toys, and as he's crawling, he just goes after everything he's not supposed to have, his favorite is the wire for my laptop, but will also try and eat Mason's toys, the TV remotes, climb into the fireplace and try and eat the candles etc etc.

Today I strapped him into his (big) bouncy chair and went to make him breakfast, when I came back he had somehow climbed out of it and was munching away on the remains of my bacon sandwich :?

He can fling himself out of him bumbo now too, that leaves the walker and the door bouncer as the only 2 places downstairs I can put him when I need to do stuff, and each of those he'll only stay in for about 5 minutes before he gets bored.
My house is a tip, it took me over half an hour to put the shopping away earlier, now I have to start the dinner and he just crawls into the (tiny) kitchen whenever I go in there.

Has anyone else got a baby like this? Help! it's driving me nuts that I can't get anything done! Mason was never like this!

Alex is another one, although I'm lucky that there's usually somebody else around to drag him back to where he's supposed to be. I resorted to a play pen with Daniel (he was the same - we found him inside the sofa at 7 months old after looking for him for ages). Callum and Charlotte were never like it either.

The only safe places we have are the door bouncer and the bath (without water in it) - he has too much control in his baby walker now and can reach too much stuff. He's just starting to understand NO! - he looks around before doing what he's not meant to do :?

I have some of novel ideas: :wink:
velcro suit and stick him on the wall
bungee ropes tied to his ankles (great for muscle development too)

Haha I was talking about a bungee rope with my friend today!

The bath is a good idea actually, I might try it, I agree about the baby walker, Brody likes to reach up at the table etc and it takes me ages to make everywhere safe for him to be in it.

Hi Urchin, Rebecca has been like this for ages...That's why I enjoy going to work so much, it's a rest! :sleep:

On a serious note tho, I have been reduced to tears at times, I put her in her activity station, then 2 mins later she is screaming, then I have to put her in another toy.. It's like a cycle constantly, 2 mins then bored. I can't get nothing done, not even a cup of tea! :twisted: My house too is a tip, I seriously can understand how you feel. We have spent a bomb on toys trying to find something that will keep her occupied while I atleast put a wash on...I am still searching! :roll:

Hope things get better for you, not been much help on the solution front, but I know only two well what it's like having an "extremely" demanding baby! :wall: :wall:

Shame Urchin... sounds like a bit of a nightmare for you. I can't relate to it JUST YET.... but somehow, I think I'll have to come to you for some advice in the very near future!!!! :roll: :roll:

I like the velcro suit idea - ha ha ha :D Playpen perhaps a good investment. Is your bath downstairs?
I really hope he gets bored soon and allows you the peace to have a cuppa without the additional adrenalin rush!!! :D :D

Emilia xx

I can relate, i lost my temper with ewan this afternoon as he just would not leave me alone, shouted at him then felt soooo guilty afterwards. if i put him in his play pen after 5 mins he wants to come out, then he's conctanlty climbing up my legs trying to get to the computer, or after my cup of tes, or remote control. then h's winging at me. if i put him on the floor with some toys he comes n climbs up me after 5 mins wanting attention, if i go to leave the room he crys and stands at the stair gate which stops him coming in the kitchen. You do feel like crying as sometimes its hard to go the loo!!! and i feel terrible for getting mad at him, but i just want five mins to my self to surf the net and chill.
I feel like a bad mum sometimes for not wanting to play with him or give him the attention he wants

I have the same problem it's driving me mad...so can't help you sorry :?

Since i've stopped working Reece has become so clingy that i cant leave him for a second. Today he wouldn't even go near Carl! I dont know what to do. I'm with him 24/7 and it's not doing either of us any good. My mum used to have him once a fortnight at her house but with her new job she cant. The only time I get a break is when OH takes him out on the dog walk (45 mins) occasionally, other than that OH never offers to look after Reece while I go to a friends or something :( and Carl doesn't have any friends so he cant take Reece out for a visit.

My house is also a tip, but as soon as Reece has a nap or goes to bed like now I just wanna sit down and chill out when I should really be cleaning :wall:

urchin said:
Today I strapped him into his (big) bouncy chair and went to make him breakfast, when I came back he had somehow climbed out of it and was munching away on the remains of my bacon sandwich :?

lol bless him :D

Aww thanks guys at least I'm not alone.
His latest trick is when he's in the bath (the big bath, I lie him on his back in 2-3 inches of water) he rolls over straight away and spends the rest of the time trying to pull the plug out :wall:
I used to really enjoy bathing him, not it's a contant struggle to keep him still long enough to clean him.

On the plus side, OHh finally got a wide enough gate to block off our dining room (home to all of Mason's toys) so at least he can't get so far now.

my hardest time with Dior was when shewas the same age she just learnt to crawl, she was into every thing i used to be able to leave her on her playmat and no she was safe once she was crawling she was into every thing and toys seemed so boring now she could move about.

i got Dior a playpen a square wodden one, she loved in got her new toys to play in it

eva keeps rolling off her playmat and crying when she is face down. Looking forward to her crawling now :D

can brody sit in a high chair sometimes so he can see you better when you are busy maybe? x

ToriElla said:
eva keeps rolling off her playmat and crying when she is face down. Looking forward to her crawling now :D

can brody sit in a high chair sometimes so he can see you better when you are busy maybe? x

My friend has STILL not posted my highchair to me :evil:

I have borrow one, but it's for bigger babies I think, he keeps sliding down in it. It'ss do for a few minutes but after that he wants to be on the floor getting up to mischief.

He's asleep now, and I have done the washing, the dishes, tidied Mason's toys and vacuumed.
Having a quick cuppa and a hot cross bun then I'm back doing jobs before he wakes up.

Does anyone else get really annoyed you can't put laundry away?
I can make downstairs spotless while he's asleep, but I daren't go upstairs incase I wake him up! My clean laundry pile is nearly as tall as me!!! LOL

he he i'm the same Urchin. reece asleep in his pram next to the stairs and mine are so squeaky that i daren't go up them. the keys on this keyboard are also very noisey so i have to type slow :(

you've just reminded me that i put kettle of for a cuppa before cheers i'm off to get one now x :D

haha glad im not the only one! my washing pile is the same!

i find i can kkep everwhere reasonably tidy but its harder to keep up with the cleaning x

ToriElla said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh dear Torriella.... If you think you've got probs now... wait until the crawling starts!! Makes me giggle.... I learned my lesson with my first two. I'm hoping Oscar doesn't catch on too soon! :pray: :pray:

Emilia xx

ToriElla said:
haha glad im not the only one! my washing pile is the same!

i find i can kkep everwhere reasonably tidy but its harder to keep up with the cleaning x

Snap!!! Bloody washing everywhere. DH told me this morning to organise someone to come in once a week to do the ironing. My son hasbeen doing it for pocket money, but he's discovered that he can make more money by selling his junk. DOH.... should have kept quiet about that one.

Emilia xx

Ha ha ha, I had the exact same problem with Noah. However we got a Baby Dan play pen that can be used as a pen or a stair gate or fire guard etc etc, as you can break it up into sections, so I have three sides of it (incl the gate) across half the lounge, so he cant go out of sight into the dining area, and the other 3 sides of the gate section of the plug board, patio door and my laptop. Other than that the waste paper bin lives ontop of a cuboard now and I have sellotaped a piece of paper over the internet/phone socket. The play pen has been a complete life saver and means I can get on and do things around the house without worrying where he has crawled of too or what he has found to stuff in his mouth!

As for baths, I find it easiest to share a bath with Noah, I stick him in the big bath with me so he lies down on my legs while I wash his hair and I can hold him while he splashes around, then I call out to OH who takes him out and gets him dressed while I finish my bath in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back