Can't find heartbeat with doppler at 18 weeks!!

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Somebody please put my mind at ease! Im going insane!

I just bought the Doppler from Argos and I cannot find heartbeat! I don't know what to listen to? What should it sound like? I know lil one is in there because I got the shit kicked out of me when I put the Doppler where baby was lying!!!! ( or atleast I think it was kicks!! )

Do you think I should clearly hear it by now? Why would I hear kicks but no heartbeat?????

Where are you using it? I found slowly moving around that area helped.

I looked at the argos one and the reviews were terrible online :( xxxxxxxxx

Babies don't like dopplers much, they move away from them. Try it really low down, and work side to side then up and down. Sometimes it takes a few mins to find it. The heartbeat sounds really fast and if you hear lots of "glugging" noises that's the baby moving round inside.
Don't panic hun, everythings ok. Just perservere and you'll be fine :hug: x

Loopy...is it the summer one?? If so thats only really good from about 28 weeks...like said before reviews werent great... with that one its more of just an amplifier...

The angelsounds one is the best and is a doppler :) I have both and still cant hear anything with the summer one!!

So dont panic!!! xxx

Ohh doh! I didn't read the reviews before I purchased it lol. Thanks babybrain glad I know that now. Makes me feel abit better :)

Pinky I tried it everywhere , I put it down by pubic bone and even went higher than my belly button but nope not a single noise that could be classed as a heart beat. I got kicked when I put it to the left hand side of my belly just below belly button and it was quite deafening "thump thump thump" I assumed these where kicks as my belly wasnt rumbling and I hadnt moved.

Thanks princess I feel loads better now, I didn't know they moved away! I will give it another go later tonight and see what happens. I have my scan on Monday so I can have my mind put at ease if I still dont hear anything by then.

xx

Phew thanks Jaxx yeah its the Summer one! Yeah your right girls, just read and this one is only good from 21 weeks! Dammit I am a silly billy x

Last edited:
As the other ladies have said it does sometimes take a bit of time and patience - I would say you should hear some wooshing sounds - a fast woooshing is blood going through the placenta then some sploshing sounds that is baby moving around - and I think the babies heart sounds like a golloping horse :lol: hope that helps xx

Good!! Now you can relax a little :) xx

Just relax with it. Make sure you use a good bit of gel on the doppler and just be patient with it. I can't comment on the quality of the doppler because I don't know anything about the brand, but as I said, just take your time with it. If you drink some orange juice or coke beforehand or even some really cold water then it may encourage baby to move round more and for you to pick up the beat x

I still take a while sometimes cos if my placenta and sometimes I can hear it very feint underneath all the whooshing and sometimes it's really loud! Try not to panic Hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back