cant find a boys name help!!!!

fingerscrossed said:
How about Alfie? ha ha! lol, barney is a nice name whats their problem? whose baby is this? yours so name little man what you want to name him, do you know what tho i wish id of chosen a name that the in laws hated, because then it wud p them off and the added bonus is they wud be forced to call him by his name for the rest of their lives, which wud p them off imensly, ooooooo wish id of thought of that earlier id of named him Gerald or something (no offense to anyone named or with a bubba named gerald) x

:rotfl: I like your style!

i would highly recommend keeping your choice of name and possibly even any you are considering just between the two of you.

so often people just dont think and may only even say which name they prefer out of several you mention - which might then out you off that name even if it was your fave.

we kept our final three names quiet from almost everyone and were really glad as it meant we could choose the name we thought suited him best without thinking - oh but mum wasnt keen on that and prefers so & so.

if they dont like it once you have named the baby most people wouldnt dare say anything - and its very different to actually critisise the babys name as opposed to a suggested name.

goodluck finding names - bous are really hard to pick for!
:D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

from the beginning it was Alfie, Faith for a gurl Alfie for a boy, no way was i changing it and as i was convinced i was having a boy i used to call my bump alfie, when we found out we were having a boy it was final, Alfie. Everyone loved it except Oh's 2 nans, 1 who said really are you calling him Alfie? After who? when i said after noone i just loved the name she said No, dont call him alfie. The other said in her exact words "I think that that is a horrible name how u can call him that i dont no its absolutley disgusting." To which i replied that i liked it and so did ian and i liked it more than Stuart and Eath and Carl and Ste! all her boys names, i do actually like a couple tho, but i wasnt tellin her that

at last ive decided on a name, declan, do you like it, think im happy with the name, full name is declan patrick( my dads name) brian ( oh dads name) mathews...... is it to much :shock: mathews is surname by the way xx have to have to names in the middle as it runs through my oh's family :roll: be honest tell me what you think

As I mentioned before, Declan is top of my list too for a boy, so I am very biased to say YAAAAAAY its a gorgeous name. I think its cute for a bubba (baby Dec) and yet refined for an older male. Good choice I LOVE IT!!!!! xxx :D

thanks, calling me bump declan all the time, its great. :hug:

Hi Lucy,
If it was me I would dig my heels in and call him barney any way. A similar thing happened to us when we were getting married. We decided to have a double barelled surname but my in laws didn't like it and toldme it was my duty to take OH's name. At first I was really upset and worried about offending them bit the more they went on about it the more annoyed I got and I dug my heels in. It was made worse by the fact that OH changed his name as well.
At first they refused to acknowledge our surname but after a few times of returning cards etc that weren't addressed properly they soon stopped it.
It is your choice what you call your baby its got nothing to do with anyone else-lets face it what are they gonna do- call him baby all the time because they don't agree with your choice of name-I don't think so!!!
Take care
Paula.

I really like the names

Sonny
Findlay
Jayden
Brodie
Brandon
Jude
Lennon

For boys names

:hug: awww thank you... i was looking through me baby names and i cant see what the name means, was just curious :think: has anyone else got a book and has the name in????? xxxxx

We also got stuck with boy names - my other half is called Nathanael which I think is an awesome name, and his brother is called Jake - his mom got the best names!

We were thinking Edward, Ashleigh or Daniel, but not many really... much easier for girls.

m x

I loved Archie for a boy, OH hates it though, i think its sooooooo cute.
We have picked Arran for a boy after the Scottish Isle of Arran where LO was concieved....My sis hates it, she says Arran jumper, and mum keeps saying Aaron, pronounced Air on, but its Arran....Like the jumper :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh well, we like it, and it means something to us...

hello!! i also think you should stick with the name you like no matter what people say!
We have picked Brody for our little boy. nobdy has actually said they dont like it but a couple have said "Isn't that a girls name?" or had no comment at all!
By the way i think Declan Patrick Brian Matthews sound lovely!
I had a look for the meaning of Declan but it just comes up - unknown meaning! Patrick means noble and Brian means high/noble so i think you have picked well!
we found a lot of names we liked on Babynames.com
Good luck!!! :)

jools221181 said:
hello!! i also think you should stick with the name you like no matter what people say!
We have picked Brody for our little boy. nobdy has actually said they dont like it but a couple have said "Isn't that a girls name?" or had no comment at all!
By the way i think Declan Patrick Brian Matthews sound lovely!
I had a look for the meaning of Declan but it just comes up - unknown meaning! Patrick means noble and Brian means high/noble so i think you have picked well!
we found a lot of names we liked on Babynames.com
Good luck!!! :)

I love Brody!

But Brody spelt that way is the girls version, the boys version is Brodie. I think its a really nice name its one of my favourites for my future child and it isnt too common either!

hi Lainey! Thanks we love the name! We are sticking with Brody though as we think Brodie looks more girlie!! For example the spellings of Billy and Billie!! Not sure if this is right but the only two people with the name Brody I know are both boys spelt this way!!
I really love the name Sonny from your list too! It was on our list but it just doesnt sound right with our surname Rea (pronounced Ray)!!
Its so hard to find a name that sounds perfect!!!

Maybebaby: I just LOVE the name Alexander! Always was one of my favorites! I like the name with meanings, and this is one of them. But... If I will have a baby boy, I can't name him like that, becourse it was the name of my first bf...Shame:( LOL
So, me and my husband decided on a name Tristan. Starngely, except Alexander, our both favorite, and Tristan, we don't like anything else!

Sebastian
Ronan
Zachary or just Zach
Rowan
Isaac
Toby
Myles
Jude
Kobi
Travis
Ethan
Nathaniel

hi well i thought id up date you, changed my mind again, going to call my little man harry...... prefer it to declan..... xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back