Candidal Intertrigo

Naaat

Reaction score
Anyone else ever had this? Basically right in the crease of my groins the skin has become very itchy/sore/raw. So when I went for my Swine Flu jab today I asked the nurse about it, and she said it's Candidal Intertrigo. Basically caused by the same thing as thrush (Typical, I swear, Thrush has been my worst enemy throughout this pregnancy!!!) and it turns up in the skin folds like underarms, groins, under the breasts etc. It's usually caused by sweating or heat, which wonderfully comes along in pregnancy lol. It's reallyyyy irritating lol! But yeah, I've been prescribed Canesten cream and it really does help, though I have to use it for a month to make sure it clears completely.
So yeah just wondering if anyone else has ever had it? Gosh there are sooo many bloody things that come along with pregnancy you just don't know about hahah.

I've never had that but for the first few months of pregnancy I had a rash between and under my boobs where I had sweat! It was so itchy!! Hope it clears up, can't be nice for you x x

Thanks! Yeah I think that's the same type of thing. I told the nurse it feels like athlete's foot in my groin rofl. She laughed at me and said it's the same type of thing. A fungal infection lol.

My god THRUSH!! It just is endless I have had it the whole way through cream everyday and if you miss a day back worse than ever!! I cannot believe where you have it I do feel for you just slap on the cream and wash hopefully it will clear quick!! xx

I know right it's so annoying! The pessary got rid of the normal thrush I had, but then this bloody groin thing came up. Hopefully this will be the end of it. Fingers crossed. XD

I cant use them pessary things - Im scared of putting it in too far or something and then hitting the wrong area!!!

My midwife said to just use my finger to insert it instead of the applicator, to avoid pushing it in too far.

Arraghhhh! at the present time no ones fingers are getting in that area!!lol Closed for all services lol

Hahah aww bless. How about you try drinking Yakult? Ever since I started drinking them the thrush got milder at least. They're meant to restore good bacteria, apparantly it's the lack of good bacteria that causes thrush lol!

I never thought of them, must pick some up in the next shop! Anthying is worth a go!

Last edited:
iv had this befor not in pregnancy but when i was very overweight the key with it is to keep everything as dry as possible i always used to bath dry let the air get to it as much as poss and i used talc to keep it dried out as well its a horrid thing to have

Thanks, yeah that's what I tried doing to start with but it didn't help much. When I asked the nurse she said it's a fungal infection so would need an anti-fungal cream to clear it up. I think it's doing it's job. What a pain in the bum lol.

I use antibacterial soap or antibacterial dishwashing liquid and wipe the area it clears it up and if u wipe it once every shower it keeps it away, allot more convenient then going to the doctor and a long term fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back