Can you recommend me a playgym....

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
That would help H to want to roll!!

She is sitting up (kinda) already but is in no way ever tried to roll! I'm wondering if its because of the playmat we always have her in! It's the Mothercare Precious Bear and it's padded all the way around. With it being really padded I can imagine its not great for her rolling over really, Infact, it looks like it would be really difficult for any baby to roll on it, the toys are rubbish on it too so its like she just isn't tempted into it!

I am looking at the Fisher Price Rainforest one as we have a few of the Rainforest stuff and really like it and thought we could follow the theme..

Any other recommendations?
X

That would help H to want to roll!!

She is sitting up (kinda) already but is in no way ever tried to roll! I'm wondering if its because of the playmat we always have her in! It's the Mothercare Precious Bear and it's padded all the way around. With it being really padded I can imagine its not great for her rolling over really, Infact, it looks like it would be really difficult for any baby to roll on it, the toys are rubbish on it too so its like she just isn't tempted into it!

I am looking at the Fisher Price Rainforest one as we have a few of the Rainforest stuff and really like it and thought we could follow the theme..

Any other recommendations?
X

I have the fisher price rain forest gym and it's brilliant . Ruby loves it. I hang her Lamaze toys on it as well xxx

We had a mamas n papas one and parts of the mat made crackly sounds, and I think another bit squeaked. I put it in the wash though when Charlie pooed on it and the crinkly bit inside the mat went into a ball :/ otherwise I'd give it you,the toys on it weren't very interesting though. Just looked at the fisher price one, looks fun! X

Fisher price one is great, but i find with all the toys hanging, not a great deal of room for rolling! I have Emily just on a blanket of the floor sometimes when I'm trying to encourage her to be a bit more mobile! :)

alyssa isnt interested in rolling or tummy time really, she gts quickly annoyed with it all and just wants to sit up or stand so i have to hold her up or put her in her bouncer/walker instead lol

Ella has the pink bright starts one which is quite good! Has a mirror and a musical bit and other little toys!

Ella has the pink bright starts one which is quite good! Has a mirror and a musical bit and other little toys!

I've got a blue one he has a frog that plays tunes on it, well I've took it off now he has it as just a toy he loves it x

We have rainforest one had it for dd too and it's good as you can add other toys on and move toys about x

My mum and dad have the rainforest one and it is fab, if it is for tummy time and rolling practice tho I wud advise just getting a quilt and dotting toys around tho as there is more room for them to move about!!
xxx

To encourage Tyler to roll I'd just put him on a blanket with toys and rattles and play with them with him just out of his reach

I had the mamas and papas stargaze one, it was poop so sold it in eBay (£90 wasted!!!) I bought the fisher price one and it's fantastic :) for tummy time I have the Lamaze spin mat and that's good too :)
I'd def recommend putting some of the Lamaze toys on there too :) xx

Ikea do really nice matts which have sensory bits on them you could then put toys around so he has to reach/ roll to them x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I have one from Tesco, think its Bright Stars. Its red and black and has a tummy time thing on it (that u take on and off) but its has music and lights for when they lay on their back and its so good. If she likes the lights n music u could pop her on her front n see if she'll try turning for them?

Its around £30 and has loads of rings and toys attached, its also really easy to fold up and transport :D

Thank you for all your advice ladies.

I went and bought the FP Rainforest (got mothercare to price match it, so instead of paying £55 I paid £45.

I love it! Harlow loves it!! I wish I had got it earlier!! I now have a quieter entertained lil girl that I don't have to constantly entertain myself!

She hasn't roll yet but the mirror at the side by the giraffe is tempted her, if I move her away from it she has started to try and reach for it. Hopefully it will make her roll her lazy bottom over to it lol x

junior rolled from front to back first,try her on her tummy too..he rolled back to front today,he got a shock and cried ha so proud

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back