Can you have fillings done when pregnant?

EmmaN27

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Think I need a filling, is there any reason that this can't be done if you're pregnant?

Thanks
x

Yeah should be fine, if its not urgent some dentists may just do a temporary filling til after baby is born, sometimes they might need to do xrays so prefer to wait for that too x x

No idea hon, but I think you get free dental care for stuff not usually covered by NHS! Does this still happen?

Sorry not much use, I just remember many moons ago the midwife giving me a form for free prescriptions and dental care.

they shoudl stay away from x rays while pregnant my dentist is but how ever wants t give me a local to do some work , not sure x

Yeah you get free dental treatment on the nhs and its fine to have treatment, just some prefer to wait if its not urgent x x

I think I need a filling too, I'm gonna go for my 6 monthly check up next month anyway so will speak to my dentist then. I'm sure he'll know the drill. (No pun intended lol)

Go for a check up (its free anyway) and have a chat with your dentist. I'm sure its fine though :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I've just realised I sounded totally dense saying you could get free prescriptions and dental care. When i was offered this it was nearly a decade ago, before free prescriptions! Also what I meant was that there are certain things you have to pay for at the dentist but not when you're pregnant! Does that make sense? xx

Absolutely :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I had two at 16 weeks :blush: (one was a diddy one and the other was replacing a cracked one - I don't have manky teeth!)

Hey im a dental nurse, and yes you absolutely can have them if you really need to. There is a certain anaesthetic they can use that has no adrenaline and is fine for pregnancy!! Ive had one done in this pregnancy!!
What i would say is, some dentists will prefer to wait until you have had the baby unless it is causing you pain or it is really big! It totally depends on their preference.
Hope this helps xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back