How much expressed milk in a bottle?

Daffodil

Reaction score
Hi,

I just wondered how I can know how much breastmilk to put in a bottle for Meadow?

I have been storing expressed milk and I don't have much idea how much she would take in ml's (or ounces).

She is 2 months old and weighs 9lbs.

Thanks
Dawn

Hi honey, the best way to do it is to put about 6-7oz at first and see how much she drinks. If she leaves about an ounce in the bottle, that's the right amount.
It's a trial and error one I supose
:hug:
PS She's beuatiful! (And I love her name too!)

At 2 months old Maia was taking about 4oz, but she was much bigger than Meadow.

Maybe start off with 4oz and see how you get on, at least then you can give her more if she finishes the bottle, rather than overfilling it and having to throw it away, I hate wasting breast milk.

I just looked at the link that was posted earlier and Im not sure its very accurate. I said Maia should be having 5 1/2 oz bottles but she has 8 1/2 on her dream feed at 11pm and during the day if she has a bottle for whatever reason hubby gives her 6/7 oz and she usually drinks most of it.

last weekend on sat night my little man had 16oz (in 3 bottles) of expressed milk in 6 hours!!
i would maybe do up a couple of bottles with 3/4oz in each (one of defrosted and one fresh) and if she doesn't take the 2nd then you can freeze it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back