can they shrink?

weestar21

Reaction score
Ok i dont believe for one second babies can shrink :? Colby has just got an appointment to go for an assesment review. At her 8 week assesment they said she has shrunk quite a bit and i laughed because i think its impossible. When she was born she was deliverd by a student midwife (the girl done great btw) and it was the same girl who done all the measurements. Im guessing she got them wrong but my stupid HV is now saying that student midwifes are better than modwifes that have been doing it for years :?

I dont even know what length she was when she was born or what she is now but will let yous know what length she is on the 13th of july when she has to go back. But i think she looks huge compared to Adele when she was a baby. And when i went to meet lucy pips and sylivia Colby didnt look a great deal smaller than the other babies so im getting a bit confused as now i will never know what length she really was when she was born :think:

awww hun i dont know do u think they can bring the appointment foward tho as i go away on the 14th lol n wanna know if the girl wit the cutest name ever is ok

aww thats sweet of u hun :D

i personally think they have got it wrong because colby looks and acts fine in herself but its just annoying me cos i will never know what size she actually was when she was born now :(

you see, here they don't even tell you the length, because they say it's really hard to get it right! babies wriggle all the time, so it's not something easy to do!

So, I would say that one of the two has probably made a mistake! :wink:

I always try to measure Maheen, with my own tape, and one day I get 70cm, the other 60cm...it;'s just not possible! :roll:

You know if she fits in the same clothes, or smaller or bigger, that's the best way to say! :wink:

Don't worry!
Mel xx

i have Braydon measured every 6 weeks or so, but i dont know his birth length as they didnt do

well shes grown out of all the tiny baby stuffand all then newborn stuffso she is growing asfar as i can see.....lol

I think its really hard for them to measure a babies length propally. I remember having Jess measured once and they said she had shrunk about 5cms in 2 months! It looked really funny when i seen it plotted in her book.

Weestar im thinking theres been a mistake the first time she got measured, same thing happened to my mates son with the head measurements, they said his head hadnt grown, almost had him diagnosed with a rare medical condition etc, until the realised that the measuring tape they used was a stretchy one and the person taking the measurments had pulled the tape tight around his head!! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back