Can someone help me?!

soverign

Reaction score
I am a wee bit confused. I have a midwife appointment when I am 25 weeks but was just wondering if I will have any more scans before baby is born? When I left after the 20 week one no one said anything to me at all. Was just thinking its a long time to go without thats all?? Sorry for sounding like a complete air head!!

Oh thats good to hear! I just feel a bit mis- informed! My midwife is useless so I wasn't even going to bother asking her!

I dont think i get one at 36 weeks inless theres a medical reason i thought that you had a 12 week (depending on where you live) and the 20 week, then thats it :think: .

i think it depends on the area as down here you only get a 12 and 16 week scan unless you pay to go private
manda xx

Oh well I probably wont get one then! They don't care about us northerners do they lol!!

I'm from northeast and I just got 12 then 20 wk scan :hug:

I had a 12 week and a 21 week and got told I wont get anymore unless theres a medical reason or I go private.

thank god for dopplers :rotfl:

In Aberdeen you routinely get 2 - one at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks. You only get another one if there's a problem. OH's sister is in Inverness and she only gets one :( If they didn't get you to book for another I think that may be your last :(

helsekia said:
I had a 12 week and a 21 week and got told I wont get anymore unless theres a medical reason or I go private.

thank god for dopplers :rotfl:

I was thinking exactly the same thing!! :lol:

I don't get another one now :cry:

I don't see my midwife for ages either...

I only get 2 on the NHS, at 12 and 20 weeks.

When I was pg with James and lived in Cambridge I got an extra one at 28 weeks but they don't seem to do that routinely anymore.

Usually, you will only get one or two. Glasgow do one at 16 weeks, most other places do 12 weeks then 20 weeks.

I am from the North East and I get a 12 week and 20 week as standard. I am going to get one at 30 weeks too, but this is an extra one to make sure the baby is growing as I am a medium risk pregnancy.

Im getting another at 26 weeks, to moniter the blood flow through my placenta. If its still notching, ill be getting one every 2 weeks after that.

BUt id rather have no extra scans and know my baby is healthy

Hi, I'm also in the north east and only got two scans with jack, 1 at 12 wks another at 20wks. I had one at 15 wks as I had a bleed but generally its just the two.

I have been classed as high dependency this time so I wonder if I will get any towards the end!! ooh its all so exciting!!!!

I had one at 12 weeks and 20 weeks

I have to make an appointment with the doctor for when I am 22 weeks (better remember to do that) then I have no idea when I see my midwife again as the stuff is in my notes and I haven't been given them yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back