Can see why ladies leave earlier for maternity...

Lulabell

Reaction score
I'm working up until 30th dec and my due date is 25th jan. but I'm so exhausted and just want to sleep all the time. Thing is I can't sleep at night as I just can't get comfortable. I just feel like crying sometimes. :-( Sorry for the pointless thread, just feeling a bit sorry for myself.xx

sorry your so tired hun! :(
i know people who work upto their due date i think there mad! lol

with my son i worked up untill 34 weeks, as i worked in a shop stood up all day, and was responsible for running the shop 2/3 days a week, was exhausting! x

this time round i can't escape my 'work' as i'm a SAHM, even though J is a little angel and will quite hapily lie with me on the bed and watch tele while i'm tired, and he has 2 hour naps during the day! x

Last edited:
i worked up until 31 weeks and with carrying 2 was just starting to get tired and not sleeping well etc. having the twins at 366 weeks so 5 weeks felt like a good break but id worked as long as i could! x

I am planning to work right up to my due date and before couldnt see why people want months off before hand. But i might have to eat my words cos I feel so tired all the time and im only 25 weeks and can see it getting worse I unfortunately done have any option but on reflection wish I could finish a month or so before LO arrives XX

I've been the same since week 30 too. I've only got 2 weeks left to work now though. It can't go quick enough just because I am so uncomfotable at work. Luckily I actually managed to sleep the past few days xoo at least I'm not as knackered as I was last week.

Originally I thought that I would work right up until 2 days before my due date :oooo: but the sleepless nights really do take their toll, so i'm working up until 38 weeks and that's it. To be honest that might be pushing it a bit as well, but they've reduced me to half working hours so I don't start til 10 so I get to have a bit of a lie-in when eventually do sleep :)

I was going to work up till 37 weeks but am now leaving in 2 weeks time. Far to tired and can't cope with 10 hr days anymore... Then my weekends are used doing all the house stuff I have not got the energy to do in the evenings! So I know what you mean. Actually cried last night coz I couldn't get to sleep x

I am on the 5 week count down - with only 2 days after christmas that I have to go in and sort some papers - but if I could finish now I would :)

I worked til Friday, i was 37+4 I've been tired throughout the whole pregnancy and I've enjoyed my 1st day off but i feel fine and wish i could of worked up till my due date especially as i think he will be late then it would of been extra time when he is here.

I do understand y ppl finish earlier tho.
Xx

I worked up to 29 weeks with my first, i was an assistant manager for a tesco store and worked either 5:30am - 2:30 pm or 2:15 - 10:15pm. I had to assist drivers taking cages off lorries and it was quite hard work having to lug cages round store to put stock out so i took mat leave as soon as i could x

I was a police officer - worked up to 30 weeks as hated the job! Then never went back! Got a new job @ 37 weeks preggers and handed in my notice once Owen was here!!! X

Currently working 9 to 5.30pm mon to fri. By midday I feel like I'm falling asleep. :-( xx

Currently working 9 to 5.30pm mon to fri. By midday I feel like I'm falling asleep. :-( xx

Yep, it's the drive home in the dark that worries me. I'm so tired by the end of the day and the last part of my trip home is a non lit, straight, road for 30min.. I play word games in my head to make sure I'm awake :shock: x

I have music on and open a window but doesn't help. Stupid thing is when I finally get into bed, I can't sleep! Xx

i finish work next friday at 38 weeks, next time i will finish at 36 weeks as it is taking its toll a bit i must admit but i will get through to next friday. i done it coz i want to be at home for next xmas and if i left earlier this year i would have to go back in december :roll: so i still stick to my decision..oh also a little tip, i saved annual leave and for the last month i have been taking every wednesday off which means i work 2 days then have a day off and then 2 days and its the weekend..id struggle without that! xx

I really struggled with this too. I ended up getting them to get me a desk fan which is pointed right at my head. The cool blast really helps me stay awake and concentrate.

I agree! The last week has been so hard, and I am not even 29 weeks! I am scheduled to work until 38+2 because I want my time off to be with baby..... Not sure I'll make it though! To top it off, Baby has been shoved up in my ribs the last two days and it's so uncomfortable to sit all day! I don't know what I'm going to do when she gets bigger lol.

I wish I could finish at the end of dec, or atleast I could get put in an office for a while. I'm not due to break up till I'm 37 weeks !! I'm still travelling round the country, with most days doing 200 miles :( last week I did 350 in a day plus my job when I get to the service :(
I wanna win the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm working till 39 weeks - end of term as I'm a teacher, and yes, its knackering! But mat pay is so useless that I need to go as long as poss.
On plus side thats only 3 weeks and 4 days away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back