can i wait that long?

p1nk11

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm feeling a bit anxious at the mo, I saw my midwife on the weekend to be discharged :sad: - feels strange knowing I wont be seeing her anymore like everything that was to do with my daughter is being taken away. Anyway in between the tears of talking about how i'm coping & feeling, I asked her how long she thinks I should wait before ttc again - when I'll be physically ready after the section. In my head I was thinking 6 months but she said 12!!!!

I really dont feel I can wait that long I need that feeling back, It seems like a lifetime away :cry: I'm going to ask the dr when I see him for his opinion (hopefully he wont say the same time). I know it will be a while before I'm emotionally ready but thinking of ttc is the only thing that is keeping me going.

Sorry I've not been around for a while, my hubby is really not well so I have been trying to deal with this also.

We have been advised 12-18 months by the midwife, not seen doc yet. Should of seen him yesterday but we had to cancel due to the problems going on at home. I too don't feel I can wait that long, but my hubby is now saying he isn't ready to think about it after what's been going on this week. I feel so down as I was trying to focus on trying sometime this year.

On the up side I have read that this is the advice they give to all mothers following whichever mode of delivery they have had. It is recommended that women wait 12-18months before TTC again, but lots of people don't take this advice and have happy, healthy pregnancies. It's whatever feels right for both you and your OH

big hugs xxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back