can i formula feed for one day when iv been entirely breastfeeding?

matilda

Reaction score
just as the title says! im going out at the weekend and would very much like a drink! but im not going to be able to express as much as ill need until then. LO has never had formula milk so not sure if i should risk having him on it for a whole day or two incase he doesnt take to it and not sure how it would affect my milk supply even if i expressed when he would be feeding.

it would be nice to have a drink :( hes nearly 7 weeks and takes milk from the bottle ok.

cheers for any comments :)

You'd be better off expressing! As introducing formula like that might make him ill.

I'd try him with one feed every other day before then to see how he gets on with it and maybe leave a mixture of both :)

Hey hon,

when i started H on formula I mixed it with expressed milk at first to help him get used to it - might be worth trying that? xxx

I mixed both at around 8 wks as my supply was low and Evie was fine. Good idea to try and leave a mixture of both so express what you can xx

thanks for all your comments :)

iv given him one formula feed tonight and expresssed that feed and put it in the freezer. he took the formula okay and seemed to enjoy it but it just didnt feel right because im do used to breastfeeding! just waiting to see hoe he gets on with it now and how messy this nappy is going to be :S

if all is good then ill swap one feed a day for formula and save that feed so at the weekend he;ll have lots of breastmilk ready for him and maybe only need one formula feed a day then its back on the breast all the time again!

thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back