Can I do a lil' getting to know you thread???

I'm Lucy (27) and my DH is Keith (56), so it's a bit of a generation-gap relationship! We've been married 2 and a half years and together 10 years and have been TTC for our first child since July. I work as a research scientist and Keith was a teacher but had to leave because of stress, so now he is mostly at home. The plan is for him to stay at home and take care of the baby after I go back to work. I'd much rather it was the other way round, but I hope I'll be able to go back part-time and we'll still be able to scrape by with money.

I have lots of pets - a new one every 6 months is the only way I've found of keeping the broodiness at bay! And I have a lovely, very grown-up step-son who lives with his Mum very near us. I'd like to put an avatar on but I can't work out how to shrink my pictures that small!

Thanks for the great thread!

Lucy

Becs said:
What a lovely thread it's nce to be able to put a bit more substance to the names you see on here.

I'm Becs, married to Andrew and have a son, Austin who we tried very hard for and were lucky to conceieve after a year of miscarriages and chemical pregnancies. Austin arrived over two months early so we had a turbulent start to parenthood with his first 6 weeks in hospital and finally coming home weighing just 4Ibs 6ozs.

Here again hoping for a smoother run into first tri, but having already had one mc since Austin we are ready for another long haul.

Getting babies to stick may not be our forte but we are extremely happy, very much in love with each other and Austin (who I just about resist eating every day).

I'm 33 and was a tv set designer but am now a Mum full time (hurrah)

Ooooh another Becs and Andy - spooky!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
B

I'm Kirsty, 21, My OH is 24.

We're both currently working as cleaners after moving back here to Nottingham from Scarborough, where I was at Uni and met my OH :D , James is really a qualified PC Engineer and I've done 2 years of a Degree in Ecology, though I'd like to go back to Uni to do something completely different if the opportunity arises.

We're on Our Tenth Cycle of TTC now, we caught in May but unfortunately I lost it very early.

We have 7 Very Spoilt cats, and one Very Lively Boxer Dog!

Hi I'm Jo 25 and my fiance is steve he is 25 too.

We have been togther for nearly 5 years. We both work at British Gas, i'm a Team Manager and Steve is a customer service manager. We met at work.

We have a daughter Jessica who is 2 years and 9 months. She has grown up far too quickly and is more like 22. She thinks Eoughan from x factor is her boyfriend.

We have been TTC for 3 months. AF due today... still waiting for her to arrive so finges crossed

Good Luck everyone :hug:

hi im louise im 25 and work in a nursery, my fiance is 23 and a chef. we have been together two yrs and lost a baby last august. we have been ttc again since we moved into our own house this yr. its nice to read about everyone x

Hi, my name is Emma and I'm 30 years old and have been married for 7 years! We have a little boy called Oliver who was 2 in September. we have been TTC number 2 since July but have had a couple of long cycles so have no idea when I'm ovulating or anything so am hoping things will settle down soon!

I work for the London Fire Brigade doing admin support for the training section - have been there for 10 years! I work part time which is great!

Em
x

hi ladies
I'm emma (28) and my dh andy is 25. We've been together for 4 years and married for 2.5yrs. We met at work in menswear clothing shop where I was his manager LOL!

We have been ttc number 1 for 6 months and did get a bfp in sept this year but miscarried veryearly on. Hopefully get lucky soon as we would like a whole load of children to love!

Lovely to meet you all :)

Must be more people lurking in TTC tho!

I'm shaunie (17) and I've been with my partner Ben (18) for 3 years. We live in Wythenshawe , Manchester.

Before I had to leave my job due to panic attacks, I was an exports clerk for an airfreight company called Kuehne & Nagel.
Ben was a trainee manager of an off-licence but unfortunately had to leave his job due to lack of hours caused by the credit crunch. He is currently job hunting!
We are on our second month of ttc, fingers crossed.

Im Laura and I'm 20. I've been with my partner, Alex (also 20)for 10 months now, and we have decided to start trying for a baby. This is our first month of TTC so it is all new to us both. We have joined this forum to help us get more information about what to expect with everything, and also to meet new people.
Alex and I are looking for our own house atm, but we are finding it hard. We both still live at home with our parents, but hope to have a house A.S.A.P!

I work in a day nursery, in the Baby Room, which doesn't help my broodiness, and Al works for the borough council at an athletics stadium.

EDIT: Im now thinking of studying for a Speech Therapy degree!! :dance:
EDIT 2: Spelt Speech Wrong! :p

LaurLaur said:
Im Laura and I'm 20. I've been with my partner, Matt (also 20)for 10 months now, and we have decided to start trying for a baby. This is our first month of TTC so it is all new to us both. We have joined this forum to help us get more information about what to expect with everything, and also to meet new people.
Matt and I are looking for our own house atm, but we are finding it hard. We both still live at home with our parents, but hope to have a house A.S.A.P!

I work in a day nursery, in the Baby Room, which doesn't help my broodiness, and Matt works for the borough council at an athletics stadium.

:wave: Welcome to the rollercoaster ride of TTC :hug: We are a lovely bunch of ladies...although sometimes we do go crazy..like asking dogs questions :rotfl: but that makes it more fun. :hug: :hug:

A&J said:
LaurLaur said:
Im Laura and I'm 20. I've been with my partner, Matt (also 20)for 10 months now, and we have decided to start trying for a baby. This is our first month of TTC so it is all new to us both. We have joined this forum to help us get more information about what to expect with everything, and also to meet new people.
Matt and I are looking for our own house atm, but we are finding it hard. We both still live at home with our parents, but hope to have a house A.S.A.P!

I work in a day nursery, in the Baby Room, which doesn't help my broodiness, and Matt works for the borough council at an athletics stadium.

:wave: Welcome to the rollercoaster ride of TTC :hug: We are a lovely bunch of ladies...although sometimes we do go crazy..like asking dogs questions :rotfl: but that makes it more fun. :hug: :hug:

Well, sounds like I will fit in well around here then. Everyone that knows me thinks I am mad! :dance: :cheer: :hug:

:wave: Hi all

I'm Emma, have just turned 29 and married to Gary who's 32. We got married in April 2005 in Florida after 8 years together :D .

DH works for a drug and alcohol counselling charity and I work in a hospital as a haematology secretary (although I get faint at the sight of blood :lol: ).

Have been TTC for 19 months (on and off due to 2 m/c and erratic cycles) but determined to hang on in there until we get our sticky BFP :pray: .

In the meantime, we have 2 babies in the form of Bella and Charlie, our 4 month old rabbits!

Lots of luck and babydust to all x

This is a lovely thread :)

I'm Andrea and my hubby is John-Paul (J)... I'm 27 and he is just a little bit younger at 26 :lol: We got married on 22nd December last year so it's our 1st anniversary soon.

I have two children from my previous marriage, Callum is 7 and Caitsy is 5 and has just started school. We had our first baby together in March but our little man Casey went to sleep shortly after being born at 28 weeks. We are on our 4th cycle TTC this time.

We are also business partners, J has a furniture fitting business and I have a business which I work from home helping people to save money and/or make money.

I want to do a skydive (to get over my fear of heights :lol: ) and ultimately I would like to live in Guernsey.

A&J said:
LaurLaur said:

I take exception to that! I am totally sane - my dalmatian says so!

andreaaa said:
This is a lovely thread :)

I'm Andrea and my hubby is John-Paul (J)... I'm 27 and he is just a little bit younger at 26 :lol: We got married on 22nd December last year so it's our 1st anniversary soon.

I have two children from my previous marriage, Callum is 7 and Caitsy is 5 and has just started school. We had our first baby together in March but our little man Casey went to sleep shortly after being born at 28 weeks. We are on our 4th cycle TTC this time.

We are also business partners, J has a furniture fitting business and I have a business which I work from home helping people to save money and/or make money.

I want to do a skydive (to get over my fear of heights :lol: ) and ultimately I would like to live in Guernsey.

So sorry about your lovely baby Casey - your pictures are so beautiful :hug:

It's our first wedding anniversary nearly too! Ours is December 1st and we're going back to our reception venue for a meal - can't wait.

Wishing you loads of love and luck for ttc and a very happy wedding anniversary!:hug:

babyblonde said:
A&J said:
LaurLaur said:

I take exception to that! I am totally sane - my dalmatian says so!

I was going to use the Miss nik nak knicker thread as an example of our crazyness but did not want to scare her away :rotfl:

So there's me who asks her dogs for fertility advice....

There's nik nak knickers and her cheesy wotsit who smells her CM....

We're all wandering into pharmacies asking for 'magic medicine' (think btw this should be followed by an exaggerated wink)..

Any time one of us trumps we assume it's 'a sign'...

Is it my imagination or should all these getting to know you entries just read:

"hello, I'm X - I am bonkers"

babyblonde said:

We're all wandering into pharmacies asking for 'magic medicine' (think btw this should be followed by an exaggerated wink)..

:rotfl: That is so funny and true!! and yes I am bonkers :angel:

A&J said:
babyblonde said:

:rotfl: That is so funny and true!! and yes I am bonkers :angel:
Me toooooooo :lol: :wave: :cheer: :angel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member