• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can anyone reccomend a good book for 1 year old?

mel_ed

Reaction score
wanna get finley a few good books for 1st birthday any recommendations?

Last edited:
The "that's not my" range are really good. I really enjoy reading them :D

Maisie has all the old classics already :)
My friends little boy loves Elmer

was just looking at them on amazon chaz they r in the 10 x

Last edited:
Ella's favourites are the very hungry caterpillar and where's my puppy :)

Zac loves 'dear zoo' and other books where you lift the flap, tesco do a range of peekaboo books x

I was going to say hungry caterpiller was a great book when mine were 1 !

FYI -
Tesco have it on special now for £3 in a box with a soft toy caterpiller, also a spot the dog book and toy and also a monkey toy and book. All little board books , so I brought all three and my 3 kids are giving Devon one book each for xmas or bday (6th Jan!) , they make lovely pressies

Go to carboots as this age group books can be imaculate and only 20-50p each!!! brilliant bargain

Last edited:
yes my school summer fair did 10 for a pound, all great baord books, come with flap and textured bit etc. Also my library are always selling off the oldish ones and we have a load from there.
Owen likes the 'it's not my' (sometimes enjoys eating these ones too!) and any with touchy feely bits and flaps!

Both my boys have always loved all the 'That's not my...' books and the hungry caterpillar!

hard back books are best for 1 year olds as they cant wreck them as easily x

PMed you hun. I phoned the doctors and they wouldnt give me anything on prescription... i told them i couldnt afford it and they just said shes too young anyways and theres nothing i can do basically and nothing helps. xxx

The tiger that came to tea, dear zoo, Gruffalo, Books of rhymes and poems are good, I got loads from carboots. Ooooo the baby owl book beautiful illustrations and ofcourse peter rabbit. xXx

i went to tesco and got him a peekabo book which i thought was brill!! gruffalo and a big bed time book with lots of little ed time stories in.
they had the "thats not my" books on offer set of 3 for £4.

thanks every1 for the advice much appreciated :)

only 1 week to go bb4 his big day i cant wait now

Ooooo there is amazing book for LO it's Boris it has a hand puppet in the middle they love it. I got Ezzie one from carboot for a £1. xXx

i've bought h for his bday handy manny read in the dark book and comes with a torch and the book has cutouts so you can shine it onto the wall!! i got it from amazon for less than a fiver!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back