can an almost pos opk dissapear??

babyg

Reaction score
Hi girls

Hope everyone is ok??

So I've been doin my opk's twice a day in am and pm since cd8 (cd18 today) and they have alll had no line at all except on cd14 in the am and was even faiter in the pm but when I checked the am one in the afternoon the line seemed fainter, can it be possible for a line to get fainter?? The line wasn't quite as dark as the control line but it was enough of a line for me to rush out the bathroom all excited to show bf.

Since cd15 there has not been a sniff of a line, its driving me nuts!!!!!!

Hi there - i'm new to this, but I had the same thing! It's my first month of using OPK and I got a fairly dark line last Sunday, both morning and afternoon, but the next day it was much fainter and the day after no line at all! Did I have my surge?? Very confusing! Do some women not get a really dark line, but still have a surge??

Any suggestions for myself and babyg??

very confusing and annoying isnt it ceebee??hmmmm

im using the one step ones, did try the boots own brand in sept (16 quid for 7) and i didnt get pos on them either??

I've always used the one step ones and most months I do get a line as dark as the control (I used to test at 2pm and 6pm) but some months the darkest line I got wasn't as dark, including the month I got pregnant with Toby. The lines do tend to get lighter as they dry too so always use the result you see within the time limit. As you've seen from testing more than once in a day results can vary over just a few hours so it's possible to miss the highest concentration of LH. Morning tests aren't best as LH is generally synthesised first thing in the morning and appears in your urine in higher concentrations later (but then you also have to consider how much you've drunk by then and how much mire dilute your urine might be).
That was so much longer than I meant it to be, sorry :lol: I would take the dark line you had as your surge if the lines got fainter after it. If you're unsure it's worth testing for a couple of days afterwards too so you know the lines are definitely getting fainter x

thanks for the info sam's mum :) 21 day bloods tomorrow so that should shine some light on things :)

Yeah, thanks Sam's Mum - really useful info :) Showing my ignorance, but what's 21 day bloods babyg? If I don't get a BFP (hope hope that I will) this month, then I might try testing 3 times a day next month - fx for both of us :) x

im not an expert hun but they check your proestrogen levels which rise after ovulation. had them today and they are also checking fsh and lh levels, cholesterol, thiroid and another thing but i cant remember what it is now, dont know if this is what they do on all 21 day bloods tho?

hope info helps :)

Sounds like they're checking out a lot of stuff... Hope you get the results you want.... Take care and good luck with it all :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back