can a spinal block after C-section cause back problems?

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
As most of you know I had a c section when Summer was born and I was just wondering if the
spinal block can cause permanent back pain?

It started about 5 months ago and it seems to be getting worse!
The pain started around the area where they injected me and it has spread up my spine
just below my shoulder blades. Sometimes it gets so bad I can't pick Summer up and my OH has to pick her up and and give her to me.
It seems to hurt more when I am sitting down and I always have to sit with a
cushion behind my back.

I think it can do yes hun...
I had a c-section over ten years ago and they tried two attempts at an epidural but i was too swollen for them to get it accurate (had pre-eclampsia) - I had residual back pain for ages afterwards.. I still get pain where they gave me me second injections of steroids - i said when she was doing it OUCHHHH!! cos I knew she;d hit or grazed my sciatic nerve - i could feel pain all the way down my leg as the injection went in...n it still catches me sometimes all these years laters. I'd say go n get checked out by your GP straight away but don't expect them to agree that a c-section could cause any problems at all... they are so shit scared of litigation that they will deny the absolute obvious in order to protect their precious medical profession :roll: but as its impeding on your day to day activity then really they should send you a referral to a physio :hug: hope you get some relief soon honey :hug: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back