Can’t stop POAS

Nivetha28

Reaction score
So I seem to have a bit of an addiction! I had two chemical pregnancies/early losses before this BFP and so I have been obsessively testing since my BFP at 10dpo. In general there has been good line progression apart from today at 18dpo when it doesn’t look much different to 16dpo. Both test lines are darker than the control line but thought at 18dpo it might be super dark? I know I’m not doing my sanity any good but can’t imagine being able to stop POAS anytime soon. I got absolutely no support from my GP last time so just feeling a bit alone and anxious playing this damn waiting game :-/

Any words of wisdom much appreciated xx

Last edited:
Its is so hard when youve had mc not to become addicted to poas to check progression but its probably making you more anxious. Perhaps just get a digi done so you can see you are 3+ weeks soon and mayne consider, if you are able to, booking an early scan (from 6 weeks) for reassurance. I was told having had mmc in sept the EPAU would scan me at 6 weeks if i became pregnant again. Might be wortg ringing them directly rather than going via your GP, who doesnt seem very supportive. Youre not alone.....you have all of us lots x

Thank you Melly, you've always been super supportive, I really appreciate it! I wasn't aware of the EPAU so have googled it and will try contacting them tomorrow, thank you xx

Defo worth it as they can check gor a heartbeat from 6 weeks. If they find it...it reduces the risk of mc a fair bit. Keep us posted as to what the EPAU say x

If they wont scan you look into private early scan. I got mine for £50 and got to see heart beat on screen and got photos x

Hey Melly, I wasn’t able to get a scan via the EPAU but found a private place just up the road (never new it was there before!) and have got a scan booked for 2 weeks today. Going to brave a digital on Friday but I’m feeling much better having the milestone of the scan to reach. Baby steps and all! Thank you so much again for your support and advice xx

No problem.hopefully the scan will reassure you. I think it was worth it x

I had my early reassurance scan this morning and there was a good, strong heartbeat. The reassurance didn’t last too long though as I then discovered spots of blood when I next went to the toilet! But seems like I just embarrassingly have a spot on my labia that I’ve irritated...

Thanks for the advice, it was amazing to see the heartbeat on the screen xx

I'm so please you saw heartbeat. Apparently the odds of miscarriage dramatically reduce after seeing heartbeat. At least you know what the bleeding is. Hopefully you can start to enjoy and relax x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back