Back from hospital again.

Sorry not been on recently, I've been back in hospital with Damien. :(

On Monday night he stopped breathing and we had to call an ambulance. Turns out the poor thing had Bronciolitus (the doctor's had told us TWICE the same day during the day that it was nothing and his chest was clear). I'd taken him docs in the morning as he hadn't been too bright over the weekend, but I wasn't happy with the diagnosis of 'nothing is wrong'.

Later in the day he was sick up a whole bottle (he is sick with his reflux but not normally this bad) and he started to shake for about 30seconds. So I took him to see another doctor that afternoon and he checked him over top to toe and said it sounds like it could be a tummy bug which made him sick, but as he sounded snuffly just keep an eye on him and come back later in the week if he isn't better. He said his chest was clear.

We'd been home about 3 hours and Damien had just got more and more snuffly and started to cry and scream and would not be put down. Mark went to make him a bottle to try and calm him as we thought he must be hungry. But while he was sat on my lap he stopped breathing went limp and started to go blue roud his lips and eyes.

When we got to hospital it was diagnosed that he had Bronciolitus. They said he must have brought up sick, but because he couldnt breathe through his nose due of the Bronciolitus, he'd choked and stopped breathing.

He is doing okie now and back home on some proper medication for his reflux (about bloomin' time) and instructions on how to resuscitate him if he does it again. We live a fair way from the hospital so it would take an ambulance a long time to get here. He is still snuffly and will probably have the Bronciolitus for a bit longer before it passes properly. He is going to be on his reflux medinces until he is at least a toddler :(

So I've had a $hite past couople of days and no sleep. I'm just glad he was on my lap when he stopped breathing and not in his moses basket :(

OMG Sami - how terrifying for you - so glad he's OK now.

Similar thing happened to my friend (though her baby didn't stop breathing) - Dr said baby was fine and not to bring him back unless he developed a temperature, but he wasn't eating at all, so they took him to casualty only to learn he had bronchitis and ended up being fed through a tube for 7 days as he was too weak to eat.

Anyway I hope he gets better soon

LBxx

Oh ny goodness, Sami....
So glad he's recovering. That must have given you an almighty fright. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Emilia xx

god that must have been terrible!

hope he recovers well now

xx

Hi Sami

Thank God everything is ok. I'm sure he'll be fine now he's got the medicine.

I had a similar thing with Zara though not so bad. She had a cold and kept stopping breathing when she fed and I had to whack her on the back and got close to starting mouth to mouth. We got taught all that in hospital thank goodness. I didn't get any sleep for a week because I was terrified she'd do it when I was asleep.

Take care.

Louise

Hi Sami,

Just read your PM.
Can't believe what a rough time you have had what with him being premature and now all this. You luck must be due to improve soon!!
Let me know when he's better and we'll arrange lunch at mine xxxx

Oh my God sami!!

I noiced you hadn't been around but just thought you'd been busy. Thank god he's ok now. Believe it or not my firneds baby had a VERy similar thing a few months ago.
I cannot believe they said his chest was clear... have you told your GP how wrong he was?

No but I will be sur to when I next see him. He was a new(ish) GP too and is who me and Damien are both registered under. Not exactly a great start to the GP profession!! :evil:

Poor little Damien I wish him all the best and hope he is better really soon ((big hug from me & roo)) xx

Shit Sami it must have been terrifying :(

{hugs} to you and Damien, I hope he gets better soon and that you are feeling ok

x

I can't believe how much has happened to you in the past year!

Its a lot to take in and I really feel for you and mark.

I'm so glad they have worked out what is wrong now, you poor thing

Hope you get some decent sleep soon.

Thanks for your kind messages.

We're planning on getting an apnea monitor for him to check his breathing, etc, whilst we sleep. It's gonna knacker us out too much taking shifts to watch him till he gets better with Mark working full time too.

I think Damien just likes to keep me on my toes!!! :shock: :roll: :)

Gosh Sami...

You are so lucky that he was in your lap!

*HUG* Someone up there is watching out for you and your little baby, I am so glad that he is ok. Shoot that doctor!

Take care, all three of you...

Sue

OMG - I can't believe how terrifiying that must have been for you. :(
SO glad he is ok. i'd never be able to sleep again. I start to panick when Ewan coughs. :shock:
So much for our wonderful NHS with midwifes and health visitor who all have different opinions, and doctors who think we are just neurotic mothers. why can't they just take us seriously we know our babies and when they are not welll...oooh makes me so angry. :x
So glad you were with him .. hate to think what could have been.
i think some one has a guardian angel. :)

Hannah was in hopital sat with the same took her to docs twice told nothing wrong took her a third time on fri they gave me an inhaler for her sat she got much worse so took her to hospital and the inhaler docs gave me should not be given to a baby under 1. glad your little one is getting better lots of hugs because i know how your feeling

Hope baby Damien is feeling lots better soon xxxx Seren sends him a gummy kiss x

That is horrifying, thank goodness your precious little guy is okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back