Bedtime is going to have to change

BabyBrain

Reaction score
I don't care if he wakes me up at 3am but Albert is going to have to go to bed at 8pm. Since Saturday he has been shattered after his 7pm feed, last night I had to get him undressed for bed whilst he was asleep lol (although it was much easier cos he wasn't trying to eat his clothes), and feeding him really pissed him off cos he choked a little bit and it woke him up too much but by the time he was in his swaddling and basket he was completely gone bless him.

If he does sleep through past 3 I think I will wake him at 6am when we get up, I still think 12 hours is too long for him at this age. But then if he wasn't happy being asleep he would be awake right? :wall: xxxxxxxxx

I think babies naturally want to go to sleep earlier. K moved her bedtime herself to 7-7:30. I love it! I finally have a couple of hours to myself to do whatever I want. She still wakes 2-3 times, but if Bertie sleeps right through, that is great! Xx

Henry was naturally goin to sleep about half 6-7 but I've moved it. He would go down well but wake at half 1 & be awake for 3 hours :wall: so now he has a nap about 5:30-6, bath at 8 then boob n bed. Last night he fell asleep by 9, was in his crib by 9:15 & slept til 3:30 when I bought him into bed with me and he woke at 6:30 x

Using tapatalk so can't see tickers :(

Oh & I agree about easier to change half asleep cos they don't eat their clothes. Henrys new one is eating his feet whilst trying to do his nappy. Helpful when wiping but not when tryin to do nappy up!

Using tapatalk so can't see tickers :(

Think you are right tbh, babies dont wake themselves up coz they are hungry so your plan sounds good!! H goes to sleep between 7.30 and 8 but used to go to sleep at 10ish so they defo get earlier especially when they start doing more and sleeping less in the day!!
xxxx

Strangely my lo sleeps longer if she goes to sleep at 7 rather than 8 xxx

Hannah has naturally moved her bedtime earlier...she is normally asleep in bed by 6:30...used to eb 7:30,

she was going 12 hours at Bertie's age so don't worry about that...he will let you know if he is hungry :)

Sadly we are back to broken sleep cos of this bloody 4 month thing!!! AAArrrggghhhh..it def happens, i thought we might escape it but nope.

She now wakes for a feed around 4am...which is fine cos she goes back down no problem...but now she is also waking and having a chat with someone or something a few times a night too..tired mummy

she used to be zonked all night...

I think she is just learning so much now that her little brain just cannot switch off....xx

Hmm, i appear to have a wee night owl!! G doesn't go down before 9.30!! Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

James has done 11 hours since about 10 weeks I get him up at 6 because his bed bottle is 6-6.30 he's in bed by 7

xxx

Alyssa is usually grumpy after 7 and asleep by half 8. since gettin to 3 and a half months shes been waking in the night for a feed again but just the once like when she was newborn. damn 4 month regression lol

I usually put Max to bed at 9 but he seems to be getting overly tired around 8 no matter what time his last nap was but I'm worried if I move it earlier he'll wake earlier or more than he already does

I think if Bertie was hungry or needed the food or didn't need the sleep he would wake, I thought 12 hours straight through sleep with no feeds is what they're meant to do at his age but I could be wrong

Max's good night sleep the other night was a one off, we were back to normal bad sleep last night zzzzz

Xxx

Samira has decided a long time ago that her bedtime was 6 pm, which seems really early to me - but making her stay up later, which I tried over a few weeks, neither caused her to wake up less during the night, nor did it result in her sleeping longer in the morning, so 6 o'clock it is!

Well, further to my earlier post Evie has been a grumpy git all day so we are going back to the bed at 8.30 and up for a bottle at 6.30 routine!! We have been trying to pull Evie's bedtime back a bit each night and it hasn't affected her morning waking so I'm sure he won't have you up at 3am - fingers crossed!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back