cam OH claim surestart maternity grant

roxane 1985

Reaction score
hi 5 years ago i calimed the surestart maternity grant when expecting my daughter.

im now with a new partner and we are expecting our 2nd child (my third) and i was wondering would he be able to clam for a surestart maternity grant as he hasnt claimed it for his kids orthe fact that i claimed in the past for my daughter stop him being eligable?

I dont actually think that the sure start grants are available anymore.

Yes I believe the rules have just changed recently you can only claim for your first child if there are no other children in the home , so in your case I don't think you can this time . I found this info in my emmas diary .xx

They're still available - my local jobcentreonline gave me forms to apply at 29 weeks when I was down. Not too sure about your oh being able to claim though? Does he work? I'm sure I seen it online somewhere I'll have a look xxxx

No i don't think he could, it's only for the first child in the home i believe.

I thought they'd stopped doing this! Thanks for the link Kra! xx

No problem! I only knew about it cos my sister told me :) xxxx

I thought they'd stopped doing this! Thanks for the link Kra! xx

think they just changed the rules last year, i thought it'd stopped to until MW told me about it.

grr i was hoping that because our eldest isnt his then he could calim for his first child oh well never mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back