Calling all pram experts

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
HELP! I havent got a clue which pram to get, I want something colourful but not too light, and hardwearing, also something that does different things ie one i can use going from car to pram or is this too much hassle?

Either way can you display the pram you got and why you liked/disliked it??

I'd appreciate you're help!

ta ladies!!

x

We've got a buzz

102358BLACK0000.jpg

ticked all our boxes, relatively lightweight, easy to put up, very good build quality, almost all components are replaceable should it break, got the dreami carrycot too as we'll use it as a moses basket downstairs and i like to walk...well i used to before the days of cankles!

We discovered that the mothercare car seat clips into it too which is much cheaper than the maxi-cosi jobby.

:lol: :lol: :lol: this could be a long post... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was light and fairly small, you could attatch a car seat directly on... was ok... but didnt parent face.. or carrycot...
graco-mosaic-pushchair-firecracker.jpg

Absolute crap, do not buy prams wtih fixed wheels...
725722_l.jpg

this is sold under many brands makes colours and names but its LUSH... i have had 5 in differnt colours and brands.. cant recommend them enough, BUT they arent the smallest and you cant fold with seat attatched, but the benefits FAR outweigh the cons.

50%5C1069263.jpg
28734149.JPG

Fab pushchair but thats all it is...
ziko-frankie-bubblegum.jpg

quinny buzz ... FAB... loved it... takes maxi cosi, carrycot, seat unit, pushes like a dream.... Ive had the older style and newer style, but i found the harness too tight for me lady at merely 14 months oldd... but they now have extenders..

pink.buzz1.jpg
zapp_pink_bridht_07.jpg
21459210__1207124134__1__1-1cfc356448c6ee673a875ff124a44a71.__big__.jpg

quinny zapp is great BUT its not suitable from birth.. 6months plus+ BUT if u attatch a maxi cosi car seat its GREAT from birth... it folds tiny and its great for when tehre older to just "throw" in the car...

zapppinksmall.jpg

graet but SOOO bulky...

mutsy_urban_pink.jpg

big and when there older quite hard to push.. BUT when you come that issue it will be stroller time anyway ;)
freeway_pics.jpg

these are lvoely, but personally its not parent facing so i wouldnt use it as main stroler from birth
maclaren_techno_xlr_range_us.jpg

These are absolutely lovely, and they now have carrycot option... however it doest have parent facing... Pushes like a dream tho...

mampaplunatulip_m.jpg

These are lush.. and great if u plan on having more close...

sport-PinkCamo-Sm%20(WinCE).jpg

loolas are lovely.. come and great colours and you can get acrrycot and carseats... highly recommend...
prod_thu_3960.jpg

Loola ups again... absolutely love it... pushes smoother than standard loola.. saet unit suitable from birth so you dont need carrycot...

bebe-loolaup-travel-sys08.jpg

Streety simialr to loola, just smaller and lighter... handle height isnt the highest hto....

oppddef.bmp

these are lovely till you put them in buggy mode.. then you'll want them parent facing :( And once baby gets heavier there hard to steer one handed....
silver_cross_152.jpg

these are AMAZING... but it doenst parent face... but you can get car saet attatchments..

41tov1xWa6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

great sized basket... BUT its HUGEEEEEE
051024_sh02_GracoTN.jpg

zia's are great.. but i found the recline annoying..

413kXX-336L._SX315_SY375_.jpg

great pushchair but not from birth...
mutsy-spider.jpg

Micralites are fab... too ive had a fastfold and toro, they take a car seat or a carrycot too :) personally prefered my toro tho as it reclines

micralitetorocover.jpg
micralite-all.jpg

Im sure there are more that ive had lol As i remmeber i'll come back and update hun :)

I have a Bebecar Grand style and love it.

The pram part lasted until C was about 5.5 months, and the carrycot could be used in the car (with an adapter kit for about £20) so she could lie flat on long journeys (my parents live at least 2,5 hours away) and could also be used for night time for the first couple of months which was great when we were away from home. She spend most of the first month in the carrycot.

The pram bit is completly separate but fits onto the same base, and can be rear or forward facing. She is still rear facing and I much prefer that to having her facing away(which she hates) There is so much interaction we really enjoy our walks and little chats.

The downside is that it is a bit heavy, but we hardly ever need the car (it has a large shopping basket on the base so you can get loads on it). it's not a travel system so you can't attach the car seat to the base, but I never found I needed to anyway. I would definatly recommned it if you plan to do plenty of walking

hi, this is mine

it has everything - car seat with base, car seat can go on frame, you can buy the carrycot which also can be strapped into the car and goes on th frame, the pushchair can be used from birth and goes either facing you or away from you

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight=

i've been using it for the last 4 weeks and love it, it costs over £500 here but this website you can get it for £400 which includes delivery, changing bag and carrycot car kit which you don't get here (you have to pay extra)

http://www.bimbomarket.it/en/product.as ... 3&cf_id=40

comes in lots of different colours too

good luck choosing

I have a babystyle lux and i love it, i personally dont like the 3 wheeled type as i think they are so ugly but each to their own, have a good look round to see what suits you before you decide.

I am a buggy snob and I have just bought the Maxi-Cosi Mura 3, in Atlantic Slice.

It is compatable with a car seat and is a really good price from Babies r us just now. xxx

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: at lozzi's post

i've got the loola, which i love - its parent facing, which is a must for me. its a little heavy and bulky, but its also v solid and comfy. its compatible with the bebeconfort carseat which, according to which? is the safest non-isofix car seat - also a must for me and a convenient coincidence :)

i've just bought the city mini stroller on lozzi's recommendation - its also fab. i'm using it for short trips out, and for our forthcoming holiday 8)

Steelgoddess said:
HELP! I havent got a clue which pram to get, I want something colourful but not too light, and hardwearing, also something that does different things ie one i can use going from car to pram or is this too much hassle?

Either way can you display the pram you got and why you liked/disliked it??

I'd appreciate you're help!

ta ladies!!

x

Hi steelgoddess, i just thought i'd show you the one we just got as its a pushchair and the car seat fits onto it and can lay flat to make it a pram so baby can stay in it longer than a car seat but it can also be sat up if you want so great for time/space saving which is why we chose it. We're having a boy so love the bright blue, Its a real bargain on ebay.........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NURSE-DAKAR-DUPLO ... dZViewItem

Lozzi where is the 7th one down from the light pink one? I heart it!!!!

nickilubs said:
Lozzi where is the 7th one down from the light pink one? I heart it!!!!

Its a Mutsy Urban Rider... I just googled for a piccy of urban rider... I havent seen any in baby pink in the flesh, and acnt seem to find any on the net...

They do however do it in cerise...

college_cerise.jpg

I have got a Quinny Buzz, which is great, but quite bulky - we have a large hatchback, but the base and carrycot take up the entire boot! I also have trouble with it in town as it is quite wide. Also it is a bit tricky to fold quickly to put in the car as you have to take the carrycot off first, then fold the base and then lock it so it doesn't spring open! Which involves bending to the floor! Although this does make it lighter to lift! (I am waffling now)

I also have a city mini jogger, which is brilliant as a town buggy, it folds and opens really quickly, is light, small and easy to steer. And I don't crash it into everything! It is suitable from birth and lies completely flat. You can attach a car seat with adaptors (but I never have) The main drawback is that it isn't parent facing, and wouldn't be any good for off roading and we live near the forest.

So my advice - buy two!

I am getting the bebecar stylo - i love it its got puschair unit that can be used from birth, front and rear facing, the carrycot which is extra, and you can buy the car seat which attaches to the frame,

The chassis is flexible and the front wheels section is free or fixed so is really good to steer,

I am getting the air tyres version as it has better suspension for when we go out walking our dogs

We have the bugaboo cameleon (plus the maxi cosi car seat), which we bought for several reasons:

- light weight, easy to fold / unfold. Quick release wheels if you are tight for space.
- everything clips on & off (car seat / carry cot / pushchair) so you only need one thing on at a time
- parent and forward facing (for car seat, carry cot or pram)
- good suspension on front wheels to absorb bumps
- great range of colours (we went for red & black)
- looks good! (IMO)

Only down side is that the storage bag is not very easy to access when you have the carry cot or the car seat on. Much easier to access now that we have the pram section on :D

We are going for the Jane travel system (Slalom Pro pushchair with the Matrix Cup Car Seat).

The reason is this is one of the only ones we have seen where the car seat fits onto the pushchair chassis and lies completely flat. It also faces you which I prefer. We do alot of walking and it's recommended that newborns don't lie at an upright angle for longer than an hour or so as their spine can't support the weight... we walk for longer than this so needed a completely lie flat system. We also walk on quite rough terrain so needed something that could handle that.

On another note, the matrix cup car seat also lies flat in the car, but we only be using it in the car in the traditional upright position as tests have shown it to be not very safe when lying flat across the back seat.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0001_14552

Overall I would say make sure you go for something that allows baba to lie flat for at least the first few months.

hth

Lisa

I also have the Bugaboo Cameleon in sand, but they do some lovely colourful ones too (you can choose different colours for different parts). It is a great pram - only that LO and I prefer using a sling :wink:

When I saw a nice looking pram, I used to stop people on the street and ask for their opinion about their prams. That's how I ended up buying the pram I have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back