calling all grapefruit girls!!

HannahD

Reaction score
hey lovely ladies...are there still any of you drinking grapefruit juice by the gallon before you ov?! or have you all got your bfp's now?

I'll be joining you all again in the new year once my body gets back to normal. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to trying again :wink:

Hope this finds you all well xx

Sorry to hear your news Hannah :hug:

I am still drinking the pink gold albeit not this cycle as we aren't ttc this cycle due to an infection. :roll:

I have found it does help with the cm though definitely.

Hi Hannah

sorry to hear your news :hug:
I was drinking grapefruit juice and the first cycle i tried it i got BFP, could be a coincidence? It deff did help with CM

Good luck hun

Sorry about your loss Hannah! :hug: i hope you'll get a fantastic new year's sticking BFP :D

I drank the pink grapefruit last month until i ovulated but didn't get pregnant as you see. I will try again this month but i'll go for the blood orange juice as the pink grapefruit had a disgusting taste tbh and i felt :puke: everytime i drank it. Also with the blood orange, i noticed immediately an improvement with my EWCM which was perfectly clear and stretchy for 4 days but was much less last month when i had the pink grapefruit...not sure if this is the reason though!

drank the tropicana p. grapefruit and blood orange ones last month. not pregnant but had a small amount of ewcm for the first time since coming off pill months earlier. am trying again now!! good luck to everyone trying it!!
xx

I got my bfp the first month I started drinking it but i'm sure that was probably just a coincidence...having said that, i'm going to start drinking it again. Oh and I've got a load of EPO that i'll start taking as well...need all the help I can get!

Good luck girls, here's to our new year BFP's!!!

xxxx :hug:

is that Evening Primrose Oil? i heard it helps with the EWCM but is it safe to take without medical prescription? and when do you have to start taking it?

forgot to mention that i'd also used the magic cough medicine along with the grapefruit drink and pre-seed! i was so confident it would work but got nothing but a sad BFN! :cry:

i couldn't take drinking the pink grapefruit juice, i felt constnatly sick.

not been drinking anything in particular this month but if i don't get my BFP early jan i think i'll try the blood orange.

waterlilie said:
is that Evening Primrose Oil? i heard it helps with the EWCM but is it safe to take without medical prescription? and when do you have to start taking it?

forgot to mention that i'd also used the magic cough medicine along with the grapefruit drink and pre-seed! i was so confident it would work but got nothing but a sad BFN! :cry:

Yes, it's evening primrose oil. It's perfectly safe to take without dr's advice but you have to take it from AF to ovulation but no later after that as because it can actually hinder the stickiness after you ov because it helps your cm.

Here's hoping we all get our BFP's soon *sprinkles xmas baby dust on all*

Can somebody please explain when you are supposed to drink it, how much and for how long?

Oh, and does it have to be pink g/f or can it be 'normal'?

I am willing to try anything!!!

HannahD said:
waterlilie said:

Yes, it's evening primrose oil. It's perfectly safe to take without dr's advice but you have to take it from AF to ovulation but no later after that as because it can actually hinder the stickiness after you ov because it helps your cm.

Here's hoping we all get our BFP's soon *sprinkles xmas baby dust on all*

I am on CD 3 today, can i still take it or is it too late for this cycle? also how does it look like and how do you take it? sorry if i sound like a complete ****** i just like to have as much info as i can before trying something :oops:

Thanks for sprinkling baby dust on us hun, here's to an explosion of BFPs in January 09!! :dance: :hug:

i am so sorry for your loss big big :hug: to you

its my first month of drinking it, its rank but i am sure it will be worth it as i had no ewcm last month. am also taking epo as i happened to have some at home so fx it does the trick

buddabun said:
Can somebody please explain when you are supposed to drink it, how much and for how long?

Oh, and does it have to be pink g/f or can it be 'normal'?

I am willing to try anything!!!

Hi buddabun, you start drinking it the week before your ovulation is due but as it is completely harmful you can drink as much as you can up until the day you ovulate or when you are happy with your EWCM.

Yes it has to be the pinkgrapefruit juice the normal one wouldn't do apparently, but if you dont like the taste try the red blood orange of Tropicana, it did the job for me and tastes much better

waterlillie ~ EPO comes in tablet/capsule form and the dose is one 1000mg a day. you can buy it in any pharmacy. it's not too late to start now, just make sure once you get +ve's on your ovulation kits or your temp rises if you're charting you stop taking it so you get sticky not slippy!! :wink:

buddabun ~ most people drink one glass in the morning and one in the evening. some swear that drinking a glass 1hr before bd'ing increases your chances too. like the epo tho, stop drinking it once you ov. it has to be pure not concentrate ~ tropicana normally have offers on!

I've definitely got a feeling in my bones that next year will be our year ladies!!! :hug:

i usually have bucket loads of ewcm but i thought i would try the magic juice! this is my second month ttc , i found out about the pink grapefruit juice too late into my last cycle for it to have any effect but have been drinking a glass a night since af was here so i am hoping it will help

x

sorry to resurrect this thread. Thanks for your answers to my questions ladies.

Over here i can only find 'from concentrate'. It's basically 40% pink g/f anfd the rest is water and fructose. Normally I would run a mile from 'juices' like this but it was LITERALLY all they had. No luck squeezing my own either as they don't sell em.

My question is this: if the only juices I can get are from concentrate (oddly all except for pineapple. I can't even get fresh OJ), is there any point me drinking them. I personally find the taste of g/f vile and it's actually making me heave sitting here sipping on it. But if it works I am willing to stick at it. But is there really any point if all I can get is 'from concentrate'? As you lot say it has to be fresh.

Oh for the joys of tropicana :pray:

I don't think there is any point you drinking it as it's supposed to be fresh. Can you get your hands on some evening primrose oil? That works in the same way and you take it from AF to OV. Also, flaxseed oil is supposed to boost yours and your oh's fertility and that can be taken throughout the whole of your cycle.

If you can't, do you want me to send some to you?

xx

I will look about for EPO. There's bound to be some here and a small capsule sounds infinitely more inviting than a whole glass of that revolting stuff (hubby loves it. weirdo :? ).

I doubt he'd consent to taking anything. He read my last post as I had it up on screen and came in saying "I can't BELIEVE you are discussing bloody grapefruit juice". I know I'm a bit obsessed but, like cutting out the pineapple (haven't managed to go cold turkey - I've had 2 glasses since then :oops:) if it can't hurt then why not try it?

What does flaxseed do?

Thanks Hannah, glad I have you here as my personal TTC encyclopaedia!

buddabun said:
What does flaxseed do?

Thanks Hannah, glad I have you here as my personal TTC encyclopaedia!

Haha! Believe me, I knew absolutely nothing until I came on this forum.

Flaxseed oil is supposed to improve uterine function improving fertility and as it has a balance of fatty acids it can make your cycles more regular so you ovulate on every cycle and with men it can give them a higher sperm count.

:shock: sounds like magic eh?!

Is there anything you can take to either thicken your endometrium or give you a better chance of holding onto an embryo??? Long shot but worth asking lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back