Call the midwife

redbear

Reaction score
so to say I want to be a midwife one day I didn't watch this until last week and watched all up to date in a few days, I love it.

I love to see how they lived not too long ago and how things have changed so much, the fact that the midwifes and mums where sat smoking in the anti natal class :shock: They gave birth at home normally, with no pain relief (a few had gas and air but that was rare) I also like how it covers other subjects like disabled children that where put in a home, one got pregnant with DS. it shows how people where effected by the work houses (very sad) etc, I know its not a 'real account' but it is true to life as it was and I think its fascinating.
And it was only in the fifties, so what my grandparents/ great grandparents, not too long ago!
I know my granddads fought in the 2nd world war, and one stayed on with the army afterwards to go out to Auschwitz and helped 'clear up' what the German soldiers had left behind. (I wont go into detail as its horrible what he had to do) they both died one when I was three and the other when he was 33 and my dad was little so its nice to feel a connection to how they lived.

Love this programme. Some is filmed at the local docks here.
Loving this 3rd series and wondering how much more theyll do as its in 50s 60s now xxx

Yeh ill be sad when its over :( It does make you grateful we have better medical advances now, things like Polio are pretty much gone now and has been for 10 years x

Another series has been commissioned x

Love it to. and some of the clothes are amazing!

Love it to. and some of the clothes are amazing!

I know that blonde midwife looks amazing with massive eyes and tiny frame, dam it! Im brunette and large lmao. Ive been pin curling my hair because of her :lol: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back