Calcium....

SuziQ

Reaction score
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. I am 9 weeks pregnant, and am concerned about my lack of calcium intake.
I don't drink milk, smoothies etc (don't like) and there is no way that I am getting my recommended amount of Calcium.. especially enough to help build little un's bones nice and strong..
What can I do..? :?
I am trying to have a yoghurt everyday, but I really really don't like them, and with this sicky feeling all the time, I can't face eating them.

xx

I read (or heard) somewhere that if I took Calcium pills.... then it might muck up the muti-vits with Folic I am taking, as Calcium does something to the Iron intake??
I tink...... could be wrong... any doctors on here?? :)

xx

Calcium is really important - not so much for your baby - she will just take whatever she needs - but you need enough for you.

You dont really need to eat that much just 3 portions a day - do you like cheese? - if so eat lots of it. Also I drink a cup of hot soya most nights - sometimes with hotcholocolate added - its really nice. Try and perserve with the yoghurts too!

Was thinking of cheese!!! Going to look like Seriously Strong Chedder soon!! :dance:
Thanks for your advice
x

Tofu also has high levels of calcium in it if you like that and you can get tofu deserts...?

+++

i take calcuim tablets as im lactose intorrelent so dairy is out of the question for me mostly
if you can eat some calcium things just up them alot
manda xx

Was thinking of cheese!!! Going to look like Seriously Strong Chedder soon!! :dance:
Thanks for your advice
x

Tofu also has high levels of calcium in it if you like that and you can get tofu deserts...?

+++

i take calcuim tablets as im lactose intorrelent so dairy is out of the question for me mostly
if you can eat some calcium things just up them alot
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back