Caesarian booked for Wednesday.....a bit scared

Rosie1

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Sorry i haven't been around for a while, been busy running around since i left work and trying to get my head around a few things!

Went for a scan on Friday to be told that baby is in an extended breech position, with her bum in my pelvis and her feet in front of her face under my ribs (poor little chicken, must be very uncomfortable!). They also discovered that my water levels are very low :?

I saw the consultant later that day to talk through my options. He said there is no way they can turn her due to the position her legs are in, and as the waters are dropping she needs to be taken out ASAP. He said ideally he wanted to do a c-section on the saturday (next day) but they reserve weekends for emergencies. The earliest he could book me in is this coming wednesday. Baby will be 38 + 4, so not too early thankfully, but now i'm worried about leaving her that long with such low water :shock:

To be honest i'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all. I had clear ideas of what i wanted for my labour etc and its all be turned on its head now (although i guess you can never really plan ffor these things!). I'm not scared about the procedure itself, although i am dreading an epidural and am a bit worried about the recovery period afterwards as OH will only be at home for our first week and then will have to go back to work. I've been told i can't drive for 6 weeks, so will be a bit isloated as most family live in other towns, and if i can't lift or do much i'm worried about keeping on top of things at home.

Sorry its such a rant, i am just feeling a bit low about it all.

I understand you must feel a bit :shock: that you've just had your whole labour planned for you, but try to think of the positives- you will be meeting your LO in 2 days! And your bits will stay intact (!).

I'm sure the hospital wouldnt of allowed you to wait til weds if the risk of leaving the water was high so dont worry about that. And as long as you take it easy and get OH to do as much as he can when he is there im sure you will recover quickly, just dont worry about housework, etc that can wait. And as for not drivng im sure your family will be more than happy to drive to you to meet their new family memeber!

Most people who ive spoken to that have had c-sections have been really impressed with the whole thing so dont let it get you down. Just focus on meeting your LO in 2 days :cheer: xx

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I can understand why your feeling overwhelemed, it must be a shock to be told your having LO in only a matter of days and worrying about the water

As Laura said, the hospital wouldn't allow you to wait if it was dangerous to your LO.

It must be quite exciting knowing you'll be meeting her in 2 days :D

Alex xxx

Hi hun

sorry for crashing 3rd tri but i saw your post and wanted to give you some reassuring :hug: :hug:

I had an emergency c section and i was upset by it for the same reasons as you except I had no time at all to get my head round it as once they decided (after 30 hours of labour!) that i needed a section it all happened v quickly.

My advice to you would be use this couple of days to read up about sections, and prepare yourself. Its horrible feeling out of control and as though others are planning your labour for you so look into it and work out the options you want - do you want to stay awake or be put to sleep - etc etc. Also, make some plans for those first 6 weeks. Make sure you ask lots of people to come visit you etc cos i was all on my own as we hadnt planned for the c section and hubby had to go back to work after 2 days. :(
On the plus side though, the thought of having the op is much worse than it actually is and the recovery isnt so bad. I wasnt in hardly any pain after first couple of days it was just that i was aware of having the wound so your more careful and a bit cagey but it wasnt bad at all. And as someone else has said - all your bits stay intact!! Bonus!! :rotfl:
Plus whatever way it happens, your gonna meet your little baby and once your baby is in your arms nothing else will matter at all!
If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.
:hug: :hug:

HI Hun,

I had an emergancy c-section after a long labour and baby getting distressed when I was 37 + 4 (waters broke at 37+1) so my baby was in little fluid for a couple of days as well. He was a good size for his gestation at 8lb 6 oz!

I had an epidural and I can honestly say it didnt hurt one bit. I was a bit distracted by my contractions but i'm such a wimp and It really wasnt too bad. The hardest thing was trying to stay still and trying not to laugh (i'd had a bit of gas and air).

I must admit the first night after I had Chester and was still inhospital was a bit difficult cus I was in a side room on my own and I was a bit sore trying to change and feed him, but the 2nd day I was up and about just tender I wouldnt say sore. I hardly needed any pain relief for the whole recovery period and as I said I'm such a wimp so I was really surprised at that. I think I just has 4 lots of paracetamol.

If I could change one thing its that I didnt get to hold my baby straight away. I'm not sure what happened but I felt him being lifted out of me (so strange its like a massive weight being lifted out of your belly!) then he was taken away to be weighed, checked etc and I didnt get to see him for at least 10 mins after he was born which I was really upset with. If I had my time again I would have requested that he be placed on my straight away. He was fine but maybe its my hospitals policy to do checks first or summin :think:

As for the driving issue. I was told to check with my insurer as every one is different. I'm with Tesco and I called them and they said as long as my GP says i'm ok to drive then I can drive. I went to see the GP at 4 weeks and he checked the scar and it had healed nicely so he gave me the OK at 4 weeks.

Good luck for wednesday i'm so excited for you xxx

Good luck for wednesday!!!

I doubt your LO is in too much danger otherwise the consultant would of got you in sooner.

Dont panic, im sure your in good hands :hug: :hug:

How exciting your meeting your LO early.

Good luck for Wednesday :hug: How disappointing that you don't get to have the birth you want :(

However on the plus side, you get to see LO in two days time :cheer: Hope all goes well :)

Just wanted to say good luck for Wednesday!! :hug: I'm having a C-section next Thursday and I'm a bit scared too.

im having my section on thurs, good luck to u, i had to have one last time too and recovered well so as long as ur healthy etc theres no reason u wont, good luck xx

Oh please don't be sad or scared, i now its easier said that done and will play out in your head so im sure things will work out for the best!

Bgest of luck for it
:hug:

Sorry gate crashing from 2nd Tri.

Just wanted to wish you luck and a speedy recovery :hug:

Good luck for tomorrow! :hug:

I had low water too, although yours sounds like it was lower than mine. I had my daughter at 38 weeks (I wasn't induced) and she was absloutely fine! Like others have said, if it was a major concern they would have booked you in on the Saturday as an emergency :hug:

Good luck for wednesday...

I know exactly how you feel as i am having a c section next week because of a breech baby. I was really quite distressed about it at first for all the reasons you have said. But after speaking to people who have had sections, many say an elective is better than emergency as you seem to recover quicker... I don't know whether it's the fact that you have had a little while to come to terms with it, or you haven;t had to stress of an unsuccessful labour before hand. But I feel so much better about it now (still obviously not ideal).

Hope all goes well
J
XX

GOODLUCK FOR TOMMOROW SWEETHEART

Ive pmd you i went through a c section and want to ressure you as muh as i can :hug:

Good luck for tomorrow Rosie,

Having a section isn't all that bad - as someone else said, all your bits remain in tact and you won't have any of that dreadful pain!!! I had an emergency section with my first bad after a 40 hr labour and it took me a while to recover but ladies I know who have had planned sections recovered much quicker. Tomorrow you'll have your gorgoeus baby and it'll all be water under the bridge - good luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back