c-section vs vaginal birth

charlotte_

Reaction score
i was just wondering how many of us had c-sections out of a group of (mostly :lol: ) normal women!

normal delivery for me :)

but on the ward the other 2 women were sections. i one emergency, one elective lol

out of 5 women i know who had their babies around the same time as me, all but me were emergency sections. i'm the only vaginal birth (although i was nearly an emergency section)

Emergency section here due to non progressive labour (64 hours to get to 10 cms..and only then after having an oxy drip at the end) , and fetal distress (dropping heartrate and passing meconium in womb)

Can honestly say I didnt expect that to happen!

I had a vaginal birth and although that's what I wanted, I had a huge episiotomy, and it too over 4 months to heal. :shock: But I personall wouldn't want to have a c-section.

2 Emergency sections for me. My consultant thinks my pelvis is an awkward shape as both babies had trouble progressing. Lu only got 1/5 engaged through labour and Calum was face presentation.

I'm the only one of all my friends who has had a section.

One vaginal birth and hopefully this one will be the same, the thought of a c-section terrifies me :oops:

I expected a hideously long labour ending in an emergency C-Section (as did all my friends... my bump was huge and I am tiny) but I got a VB.

i had a normal birth- hoping for another one, tbh a c-section is out of the question as iv got a 30lb toddler to lift and carry every day- idk how 2nd time mums cope after sections????

emergency section for me. Hoping for an elective section this time :D

Semi emergency section.

She would not engage and my body wasnt reacting to induction so after a week in hospital and lots of peseries and being preped for surgery 4 times I finally went for a section after lots of crying and screaming at the doctor :lol: 8)
Found out she had the cord round her neck twice and if I had give birth naturally I would of killed her :(

I want on elective next time :D

Emergency C Section for me.. Ollie passed mechonium, 20 hours of labour having been induced, only got to 4cm so went to theatre.. was suppose to have been a water birth!!

So many people i know have had sections..these babies dont seem to know their way out!

Emergency section for me. Induction was working, got to 8cms but she had the cord round her neck.

emergency section for me, when I was still in recovery, the surgeon came to me and told me thiat next time they won't push me so hard for a vb (after 3 days on the ward was 3cm, then took me to delivery suite broke my waters, he'd poo'd inside me1, spent 13 hours on drip, still 3cm) and they'll take me in for a section before, as i'll never give birth normally. She didn't give me any actual reason why, but i'm ignoring that anyway, and will probably try for a vb again next time.

xx

and actually, when he came out he had the chord round his neck and it was in a true knot, so we were very lucky

ive had both, one vb and two emergency c - sections

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back