C&G Comfort, making up bottles when out & about???

mdsremos

Reaction score
When I last spoke to Cow & Gate they advised that to get the full benefit from the milk it should be prepared with boiled water that has cooled for 15 minutes as the heat of the water breaks down the starch....

How on earth do you get round this when your out and about??? We usually prepare bottles in advance and take them out of the fridge and into an avent cool bag but were going to Scotland next week and cant keep the prepared bottles in the bag that long. I've got an avent formula container but dont know how to prepare the bottles whilst on the move??? How do you prepare yours when using the Comfort milk?? :think:

How about trying a flask of hot water?
It should keep it warm enough for a while, or i have seen something you can plug into ciggarette ligher of car to warm them up, but can't remeber where sorry

Dont know if this helps but I used comfort milk too and I always make them up and keep them in the fridge and Heidi has always been fine with that. We also travel to Cornwall quite a lot (about a 5-6 hour journey - if there are no traffic jams / accidents) and I make the bottles up and keep them in a cool bag with the ice packs and then heat up with a flask.

L x

I use comfort milk too and I've always just made up the bottles of water in the morning and left them out at room temperature then just added the milk when I've needed them.

With Damien, say he woud be having a 7oz bottle, I would fill up to 5oz with boiled water and leave to cool. The when it was time for a feed, I would add 2oz of boiling water to make up to 7oz, and it is just the right temperature to feed straight away from. If he's having less you might need to fiddle about with the amounts, but it's SO much less hassle when you are out, all you do is get a couple of oz's of boiling water, no waiting for the bottle to heat up :D

Does that make sense??!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back