Burning pain in nignt

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Redbootz, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Redbootz

Redbootz Well-Known Member

I was woken up with a sharp like burning pain sort of between belly button and right ribs I rolled onto my right side and the pain did go away after a while. Then came back when I went back to my left side but not as bad. Could it just be my tummy stretching as the weight of it or baby laying in a funny position. I was concerend about gallstones or my liver. I saw the midwife yesterday but obviously didn't ask the question as had no pain then. It's gone now but worried and not sure to wait and see if it happens again or to call anyway? Ugh I worry about every pain but this was def a burning pain.

2. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

I think this is normal stretching pain. I had the worst pain standing up from the sofa the other night, think I must have stood up too quick or twinges something. My MW is coming later so will ask her and let you know x

3. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

Ok, mentioned it to MW and she said sharp pains that go away are completely normal and it's to do with your ligaments stretching. You were probably just stretching if you were lying in a funny position, just monitor when it happens x

4. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

What FP said... I get a loads of strange and unexplainable pain here there and everywhere and I've got savage heart burn today! Pregnancy in all its glory xx

5. SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady Well-Known Member

Yes. My MW said that as long as it goes away, a sharp pain is stretching. Xxx

6. Redbootz

Redbootz Well-Known Member

Thank you all. Yeah I think it is stretching and maybe where baby is laying as was burning there this morning so put my hand on the spot and baby kicked the spot which is sore. Only happens at night to so must be related to the position I am in.

7. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

Yeah its annoying isn't it! I have loads of pain and pressure down below today right on my bladder, and I have pee'd waaaay more than normal today! and its uncomfortable to pee!! xx