Bump Measurements

shorty77

Reaction score
Hi All,

I hope you are are doing ok?

Does any one know what your bump should measure at 26 weeks?? You know when the mid-wife gets a tape measure and measures from the top of the bump down to your pubic bone???

I dont see the mid-wife for another couple of weeks and im pretty sure Im measuring much bigger than I should be right now..... im measuring about 33/34 cm's.

Should I be worried???

Thanks ladies.

x

She doesn't measure from the top of your bump, she measures from the top of your uterus which she will examine you and find, unless you can safely say that you can distinguish the top of your uterus then you won't be able to measure yourself.
Your uterus should measure the same amount of weeks you are but 2-3cms either side of that is considered ok xx
The measurements aren't always accurate either, my midwife had me measuring big and over the 90th centile but I've had 3 growth scans so far and they all show baby measuring on the 50th centile, try not to worry xx

Last edited:
Hey shorty. As above you should measure around the the same as your gestation. However if Doing it yourself it can be tricky to determine the top of the uterus.

You can book in anytime with your midwife. I would just nip in and ask them to measure you.

I'm 4 weeks ahead already lol I'm only 18 weeks as well lol but it's usually nothing to worry about.

Are you having the glucose test? Xx

I have always measured large. At 12 weeks I measured 16! As others have said you have to make sure you are measuring until the top of your utterus, not the top of your bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back