Bump Envy......

ASD123456

Reaction score
Ok, so I made that term up.

What I am talking about is the envious feeling I get when I see people in the street with bigger bumps/ more progressed in their pregnancies. It makes me feel like a bit of a novice. I also suffer from it when I got for appointments in the hospial and evryone is waddling around me and I feel like a fraud. It does amuse me to no end. I was telling OH about it and he though it was quite commical.

So, does anyone else suffer from this condition ( :rotfl: ) or am I just mental?

Alex xxx

I think I might have it too! Haha I just look at others pics and its not fair! I know Im only 16weeks but theres hardly anything I will put a pic up tonight just too see if it has grown in the last week but I don't think it has.

I feel like a complete fraud looking at baby stuff because I don't have a noticeable bump, then I remember that the bigger you are the nearer the birth bit you are - and I get a bit scared :lol:

I had bump envy today too, how strange. I was feeling quite noticably pregnant, to me of course. I caught a look at myself in a reflection in town and realised I just did look fat, more from the front, the side's a little better. I can't wait to be just a bit bigger so there's the clear difference!

Oh god, I have massive bump envy, hehe. Here is a pic of me at 12 weeks on my birthday, definately suffering some bump envy :rotfl:

DSC00253.jpg

Haha! My jumper came in handy :wink:

C xxx

Glad I'm not the only one!

Nice rounded bump there claireyfairy! lol

x

:rotfl: Thats the most roundey bump I have seen! Heheeheee I especially love the look on the face of the guy in the back ground poor thing!

:rotfl: Glad you like the pic! I look awful in it though, poxy double chin :)

C xxx

You make me laugh! :rotfl:

But then I have to confess that I used to have the same a few months ago. Have to say though that now nearing 37 weeks I have a bump envy for everyone with smaller bumps!!!! I remember how much more comfortable I was with a smaller bump, and I could still do more things without getting completely out of breath!

Also, I think you look much prettier earlier in the pregnancy. I did most of my baby shopping in tri 2 which I am quite pleased about now, as don't like travelling in public transport as much anymore!

Don't worry your bump will grow - the next thing you'll notice is that you'll have a 'baby' envy as you may end up looking at everyone with tiny babies and wishing to be in their position already. That's where I am at the moment. What next? 'Granny' envy???? :rotfl:

i am exactly the same!
we went for 21week scan on friday and got talking to another woman who was waiting for a scan, she said to me in a patranising voice... "ooo you here for your first scan then, thats lovely"...i said
"no i'm 21weeks" she looked at me as if i was lying, lol
i dont have a bump yet at all, i just have bigger love handles! hehe i cant wait to pop!hehe

tinkerbell* said:
i am exactly the same!
we went for 21week scan on friday and got talking to another woman who was waiting for a scan, she said to me in a patranising voice... "ooo you here for your first scan then, thats lovely"...i said
"no i'm 21weeks" she looked at me as if i was lying, lol
i dont have a bump yet at all, i just have bigger love handles! hehe i cant wait to pop!hehe

That happened to me too, I had my scan at 23 weeks and when I went in to the room the songrapher said 'so your here for your 12 week scan' and I said 'um no I'm 23 weeks' and she went on to say 'oh you only look tweleve weeks' grrrrrrrrr! She had to believe me when she saw a 23 week baby on the screen :rotfl:

I thik it is growing now but my avatar makes it look A LOT bigger than it actually looks in real life.

x

Being on the large side anyway, I never felt I had a bump with Isaac, it was only in the last month or so I thought oooh, maybe there's something there, but yes I too think I have bump envy, surely its a real condition? :lol: :hug:

Alex, is that your bump in the avator?! If so - WOW :shock: It's like the definition of perfect bumpage!!

Anyway, I'm not personally suffering from it, but I wanted to comment on your gorgeous bump :D xx

I now spend most of the day liking my bump, cos she's a nice size at the moment, then i hate it cos its too big
(some women yesterday was like "omg you have 3 months left!! you're gonna be huge!!" i was like :shock: PARDON)

Then when i go shopping i get bump envy, i see all these women walking around with nice big bumps on show, and i walk around with the only coat that fits (which is gisgusting) done up all the way to the top so i look like a heffa rather then pregnant!!!

I asked my friend if i looked fat or pregnant in it and he couldnt decide!!!!!

BRING ON THE WARM WEATHER!!! I want to be proud of bumpage!!!

abcd1234 said:
I now spend most of the day liking my bump, cos she's a nice size at the moment, then i hate it cos its too big
(some women yesterday was like "omg you have 3 months left!! you're gonna be huge!!" i was like :shock: PARDON)

Then when i go shopping i get bump envy, i see all these women walking around with nice big bumps on show, and i walk around with the only coat that fits (which is gisgusting) done up all the way to the top so i look like a heffa rather then pregnant!!!

I asked my friend if i looked fat or pregnant in it and he couldnt decide!!!!!

BRING ON THE WARM WEATHER!!! I want to be proud of bumpage!!!

I agree - I'm still wearing my horrible wool coat which was always a little bit too big - now it JUST does up over my bump but it makes me look like a fat dinnerlady! I want no coat and tight lycra tops to show off the bump properly (so I can always guarantee a seat on the tube)

Alex, you have a bump to be envious of!

I'm the other way, i don't like gaining weight or gettng bigger (leftovers of an easting disorder), so wehn Rocky popped out over easter i haven't liked it.

Some people say i don't look as far along as my dates but i have small bump envy, i want to feel thin (that's ery selfish isn't it).

Sandi

If I go in to a baby shop, I find myself rubbing my bump and moving my coat out the way so people can see there is a little bean in there and I'm not crazy!! :fib:

Think it has started to pop out a little this weekend, about bloody time little bean! x

Thanks for the kind words about the bump, I'll tell it (I talk to my bump too :rotfl: , I think I am slightly mental)

HideiLu I know what you mean, I stick it out as much as possible and add a slight waddle. Baby and maternity shops are one of the worst places for bump envy to occur, the looks that get swapped are scary!!!![/u]

I definately have bump envy...I keep waking up each morning asking DH...do you see anything now? He is fed up I am sure coz I am so bump obsessed :lol:

Neev said:
I definately have bump envy...I keep waking up each morning asking DH...do you see anything now? He is fed up I am sure coz I am so bump obsessed :lol:

I try this OH but his focus seems to stray to the titty fairys regular visits to increase my bust! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back