Brown bleeding at 6 weeks.

Happyfeet

Reaction score
Hi, I've never been on this part of the site before as I was waiting to see a healthy little jelly bean before I popped on! Long story short, I'm 6 weeks into my 9th pregnancy, two live births, no testing - no time before this bfp lol. I had a scan at the EPU yesterday morning that showed my little lovely with a fluttering heartbeat having a little wiggle about, measuring 6+1 (SO BLOOMING CHUFFED!). I have been spotting on and off since 30/06 brown, reddy, rusty.

Anyway, after I got home from picking my eldest up from school yesterday I had more of the spotting (it had previously calmed right down to tiny amounts), a bit heavier than before, thankfully no cramps although I do feel tender. The sonographer had to press quite hard to get a good picture of the tiny bean, I was also more active than usual with less resting time than I'd normally allow myself during the day and (TMI!!!!) I had a dicky tummy in the morning from the nerves!! I'm basically wondering if the blood could be coming from my cervix, how likely is this? I've got another scan booked for 23/07 and I'm still worrying like a fisherman's wife!

I'm really sorry I can not be any help and I wish you all the best and hope everything's ok with the scan x

Hiya I had a couple of days of spotting at 8 weeks and all was fine :hug:

If it is brown blood it could be old blood? I know lots of women that have had some spotting early on and everything has been fine so please try not to worry too much (silly thing to say I know!). Maybe it would be worth just calling your EPU to see what they say? They may be able to put your mind at ease. Good luck, hope all goes well :hugs:

hey hun its brown blood so that means old blood which is ok, may just be a breakthrough bleed which can happen around the time your period would have been due, but doesnt come as bubba is in there!

also it could just be the egg burrowing into your womb lining getting all comfy!

if you have any pain i would have it checked out, but its pretty normal hun dont panic xxxx

Thanks ladies, I know brown indicates old so it's not as bad as it could be, especially as it started over a week before the scan, which was perfect. I'm really wondering if it's caused by physical stress, like sex, vigorous hoovering, fast paced walking, lifting my three year old etc. It's settled right down to just a tingey CM which makes me wonder even more if it's the activity - which has been heavily reduced now. I've effectively put myself on bedrest on the sofa lol.

I had a really heavy bleed at 6+1 and again at 11+1. With the first bleed i bleed brown for about 3 weeks non-stop. With the second I bleed for about 2 days, it stopped for about 5 and then started again with brown, they dont know where the blood is coming from and my situation isnt quite the same as yours but I think some blood must just sort of get "stuck" and then when things inside start to move or in my case having sex it finds its way out again. If its brown and you dont have any pain I wouldnt worry :)
X

I had brown bleeding from 8-9 1/2 weeks I got mine checked out and got an early scan but all was well.

Im sure your fine xxx

Thanks, I'm sure I'm just needlessly worrying. At the end of the day there's nothing I can do to change the outcome ultimately, just got to ride the rollercoaster as it were! It's good to hear that others have been fine with brown spotting though!!

hi hun, I bled brown discharge , sometime heavy like brown blood for a good 3/4 weeks from 5 weeks, everything was ok and it just suddenly stopped. as long as your not in a lot of pain or suddenly start bleeding red your usually ok. I went for a 6 week scan to see if everything was ok and got put pack to 5 weeks and then had to wait another 2 weeks for another scan so don't worry too much if this happens xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back