• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brita Water Filter

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
I bought one of these today due to the fact that I'm in a (very!) hard water area and SO much limescale builds up in my kettle it just looks disgusting and puts me off making up Poppy's formula with it.

It has just occured to me that I might not be able to use it for her formula? I know you can't use bottled water for baby formula, but as long as I'm still boiling the filtered water, is it ok to use?

Oh, ignore me! I was being lazy and didn't check the Brita website! I just have and it's fine to use. If anyone else is thinking of getting one I suppose I can share the info on here:

Q: Is the Brita Water Filter good for babies?

A: Yes. Babies also benefit from the advantages of filtered water, for example the reduction in heavy metals such as lead and copper. Nevertheless, it cannot be emphasised enough that drinking water must be boiled for the preparation of baby food. This also applies to filtered water.

i've got a Brita filter kettle as our water is terrible here too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back