Breech advice please.....

Lynseysg

Reaction score
Been to see the mw today, baby's still breech so booked for another scan on fri. She said they'll then discuss my options.

I know there is still time, but really need to try and get my head properly round what's right.

I'm not opting for the evc as not comfy with this. Baby has been lay Like this for a while So just don't want it done.

My qu is if they then book me in for a c section, I'll be really disappointed, but will try my hardest to get my head prepared for the change of plan. If I turn up on the day do they do another scan before the section or do they just proceed as planned. My mw was not sure, and I feel like this wd be upsetting again if I then had to come home as baby had turned when I would have been thinking that was the day and having prepared myself for it.

Really hope someone can help......
X

hello
i was breech up until 36 week scan, when baby magically had turned around!
usually they do around this time, and certainly by 38 weeks, about 5% stay breech at EDD.
they will definitely scan you before a c section, i asked this myself, so don't worry if baby moves at the last minute, they will know about it!
also, you can look into having a vaginal birth even if baby is breech (i was thinking about it) so c section is not a certaintly.
it depends on many things though, is this your first baby, do you have other complications???
try not to worry yourself, i was a nervous wreck about it, had prepared about a 1000 questions to ask the consultant, then was so relieved when i was told he had turned!
x

No other complications....and this is my first. Had a really straightforward pregnancy.

Baby has been like this for a long while, I'm really hoping it turns but who knows.

I think that'd be really upsetting to go in prepared and baby to have turned. Only cos Ive done such a lot of hard work on my homebirth and hypnobirthing techniques, to then have to get my head round a possible section, I'd have to try n be positive, then get turned away I just know personally I'll struggle with that.

Scan in Friday so will speak with them about it then. I'd just really struggle if I was given a date, get prepared and then baby moves!

well, i think if baby moves, that will be the best option, why put yourself through a c section if you don't need to!
as you say, wait until friday, and think about your options then, a lot can change in the next couple of weeks, believe me

Mw said I'll more than likely know if it moves, so whatever is decided Friday, I'm assumin if I think baby had turned prior to my given date, then I'll phone someone an get checked again.

I assume u know yourself if it's not turned.....so I'll be more at ease with a scan prior to the section.

It's really not what I wanted but a healthy happy baby is all that matters.

true, a good outcome is the only important thing.
i didn't know baby had turned at 36 weeks myself, felt nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back