Breathlessness

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Anyone else had this? Im only 19+4 so it cant be the baby, dont think he's big enough to be squashing me yet :think:

I cant even walk upstairs without having to sit down at the top and wait a few minutes til I can breathe normally again.

What am I gonna be like at 30 weeks :shock:

I know how you feel, I'm the same.

Worrying isnt it? :?

Could be that you might be anaemic, have you had your blood test results back?

I was thinking that too, I was anemic before I fell pregnant but when I had my bloods taken at my first appointment they were fine.

Im going for my 20 week scan on Friday so I'll ask when Im there :)

Yo could try upping your iron intake like red meat and leafy green veg, that might help you?

I get that too - have had it for weeks. Dread to think what I'll be like at 30+ weeks :shock:

I was on iron tablets but it didnt do anything for me, Might be differant for you though Kirsty.

i get this a lot and MW has confirmed that every is fine with iron levels etc and it really is a case of the babies position at the time. i tend to notice it seems to be when my bump feels harder as well. MW says you need to rest more on these days if u can

i've been told I can only work for probably another week now as the tiredness\breathless feelings plus the growing\extra weight pains increase

I get breathless very easily but at my last blood tests my iron levels were really good so I don't think it's that in my case - I did read something about the capacity of your lungs changing and also the increased amount of blood you're carrying - maybe I'm getting things mixed up :oops:

I have had this feeling for weeks, even talking for too long :rotfl: makes me breathless. I had put it down to where I used to smoke and have now stopped but I think it is just one of those things whilst preggie!!
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Its to do with the extra blood we have going round the body. I get it all the time but I have 5 flights of stairs to go up and down at work!

I've had a few spells like this but mostly due to having to run for the train or rush up a flight of stairs etc. It's quite annoying especially as I have a cough still and the breathlessness causes the cough to start up. :wall:

Sabrina
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back