Breathless

Emma58

Reaction score
Firstly - Happy New Year everyone !!!

I know this is common in pregnancy but the last couple of days I have really noticed how breathless I have become is anyone else finding this too?
I'm not sure whether I am anaemic (sp) as today I have noticed I keep getting palpatations and i'm knackered ( although i know that is from going to bed at 3am this morning) and I have had a bit of a headache.

I don't know whether it is just from lack of sleep or what?

I have had similar for over 2 months i am now 19 half weeks.
I have asthma though and nasal congestion caused by pregnancy arrgevated my asthma. Have you seen your doctor for it?
I found i breathed better after id let fresh air into the room before i went to bed. also a good long shower helped me i also purchased 2 spider plants to purify oxygen.Going to bed earlier works for me i am night owl by nature but since becoming pregnant i find the later i stay up the more breathless i am. Stairs do me in and the evening my baby presses on my stomach more causing breathlessness i stoke my tummy and have a drink that helps too. Are you on the go a lot? being busy will of course cause breathlessness Set time out for relaxing soothing music and a good massage for your man. How far along are you? if baby is pressing on your lungs this may explain your symptoms. my sister said my nephew Alexander was trying to squeeze the life out of her by kicking her lungs to hell. Hope this helps a bit and i hope you feel better soon!!
Lol Sarah

I have had really bad nasal congestion sinus pain but tbh I just thought I was coming down with a cold. But I have felt like I am coming down with a cold for weeks now!
I hardly have to do anything and I am so out of breath.
I think my little man is prob pushing everything up into my ribs too I keep feeling what I assume is his bum pushing up under my ribs.

Supposedly its normal to have nasal congestion during pregnancy its horrid but if it gets worse do do to your doc to find out if they can give you anything
My doc down hear told me to go away with my nasal congestion and put up with it but it effected my astham i was in serious pain tired through restless sleep and lack of oyygen, banging headaches, sickness through flem build up. So when i went up home for xmas i saw the docs there they were wonderfull and gave me a very low steriod nasal spray. i had the same one last year as i have reaccuring nasal probs normaly.They said the docs down hear are scared of being sued so say you cant have anything. But the docs at the hopital i was sent to say the nasal spary will do no harm to the baby and its worked a treat for the first time in over 2 months i can breath.

the last week i've felt the same, had my bloods done yesterday so we'll find out if i'm anemic :roll:

It's really been bugging me today although i know its because i'm knackered from last night i feel worse. I keep waking up with headaches as well.

Think i'll try to get a GP appointment tomorrow.

Hello hun

I have had exactly the same for a while now. I cannot breathe at all when I walk.....as for walking and talking at the same time, well, that is a complete no-no! I just literally cant catch my breath. Palpitations are an everyday thing for me too. I walk up the stairs or even just to the bathroom which isnt far and it feels like Im gonna have a heart attack :lol: Im not fat or overweight or anything, its just pregnancy. Ive spoken to the doctor who confirms its just a preggo thing. I did have an ECG to check my heart was ok as the I kept getting palpitations when I was just sitting down but Im ok. The palpitations can be caused by the huge increase in blood, your heart has to work much harder to pump the blood around and breathlessness can be caused by uterus pushing up on the diaphraghm (sp??) and you also breathe deeper when you pregnant, lung capacity increases as you need more oxygen for you & your baby. I think we have more carbon dioxide in our blood too which also can cause us be short of breath too.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back