breastmilk

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Georgesmum, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Georgesmum

Georgesmum Well-Known Member

hello. I had my little one over 3 months ago and never breastfed and my breasts have never leaked. I just happened to check my right breast tonight and I am producing breastmilk still, shouldn't this have dried up by now?

2. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

After you have a baby you still produce milk for years.

I only stopped being able to get any milk out when my daughter was 8, almost 9, until then I could still get a bit.

If there's any pain or lumps you would need to see your GP to rule out anything sinister, but ultimately, yes it is normal to still be able to squeeze your nipple and get milk/colostrum.

3. jesslew1985

jesslew1985 Member

I breastfed my LO for 3 months, and then started using a pump. Maybe you can try that as well?
    I would recommend this pump http://www.ilsbabycare.com.au/breast-pump/ because its super easy to use and there was no pain when pumping out either.

4. Karenb

Karenb Well-Known Member

Least you know you're all good if ever stuck in a lift!! Little one will never go hungry haha :) xx