breastfeeding mums help!

trixipaws

Reaction score
my baby is 11 days old and today i feel like all i'v done is feed her! she's been on for an hour at a time several times today and sometimes she falls asleep there (i hav to tickle her neck to get her to suck if she doesnt for more than 6 or 7 minutes!) and she's in a fussy mood today! normally she latches on no probs and all MWs comment what a good feeder she is AND she's 5oz heavier than her birthweight- but today she keeps messing about licking or nibbling the end and falling off sometimes! will there be odd days like this or will she stay like this now?!

Libby is the queen of fussing, I usually notice she does this when she is having a bit of a growth spurt, there will be odd days like that hun especially in the beginning & you will feel like all you do is feed....keep at it though you are doing FAB!!! :hug:

Sounds about right, you are doing a great job, at the beginning Emma used to feed for an hour and a half at a time, then sometimes would be straight back on again :roll: It used to drive me mad, but you do have days like that, although they aren't all like that. Just drink lots of water, eat plenty of good food, sit back and stick the tele on :hug: :hug:

:hug:

Its pefectly normal hunny, there will be days like that, they dont last too long tho, hang in there!

Your doing fab, just drink plenty of water and relax! :hug: :hug:

lol wait till your LO is looking away when you have a let down :lol:

im sure its between 10 days and 14 days babies have a growth spurt. It honestl feels like your a milk machine for a while at the start, but it does get easier if you stick with it honest. As for the messing about - Annabelle used to headbutt my boobie :shock: and then there was the smacking the boobie phase too lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back