Just out of interest with breastfeeding...

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I am solely breastfeeding. Sofia is a week and a day old.

She feeds all over the place really, and goes ages between feeds or sometimes an hour and a half. During the night she only really wakes up twice.

Just out of interest what do your breastfed babies do? I'm not worried or anything, I'm intrigued because I dont know what pattern I should try and set etc.

Today I went for a long walk and she was awake the whole time, I got in and she fell asleep at about 3pm and it's now nearly half 6 and she's still asleep. Is this ok?

Also hasn't dirtied a nappy since 12pm. I'm a little paranoid I think cos she regularly dirties nappies every few hours. Is all this normal? I guess it's the first day I've noticed change and she's not going to be newborn forever, I just don't know what changes to expect. I guess I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance really, so any hints or tips or general advice would be great :)

Georges pattern is usually wake up twice in the night and then every 2-3 hrs in the day. We do different stuff everyday so it's never exately the same. I've never worried if G slept for ages - he always let's me know when he's hungry :)

Isla can go anywhere between 1-4 hours during the day, and 5-9 hours at night! She used to be terrible at night waking 3/4 times a night. She was only 6lb 12 at birth.

As for nappies she had a poop today, first in 3 days! Loads of wet ones probably 5/6 a day.

Just in the middle of her evening feed-a-thon! She feeds every hour until bedtime!

Tegan will go anywhere between 1 hour to 3 hours between feeds normally 11hours at night! from 5pm she feeds on and off till her bath time at 7.30pm. she only Poos once every 3 days x

i bf for the first 8 weeks, and for the first 2 weeks my lo was sleeping for about 3-4 hours in between feeds during the day and i didnt know if i had to wake him or not lol. as he got bigger he would want the breast all the time usually every hour or 2!!! he used to poo at every feed for the whole 8 weeks i kept it up! i was worried that it wasnt normal lol but they said it is and all babies are different. well done and keep up the hard work!!!! xx

That's put my mind at rest. Frankie you're right, she will always let me know when she's hungry so I guess I just go with it and see how it unfolds. I just don't want her sleeping during the day and not at night, but sofar so good and she sleeps a lot during both! X

I breastfed for 6 weeks and tbh he never really had a pattern, it was always different. In terms of sleeping, at such a young age, zach wouldn't be awake longer than 1hour day or night, but he eventually started waking longer in the day and sleeping longer at night. I got worried wen he didn't poo, he sometimes went for 3days without going whereas other times he could go about 6 tines a day! I think at first you just worry about everything, as you don't know what is normal and what's not. She sound like she is doing well xxx

Yeah you're right zazu, I think I'm just slightly paranoid.

How long do your babies feed for when they are breastfeeding? X

Anywhere between 20-40 mins normally but today he's wanting to feed every 1 1/2 hrs andonly doing 10-20 mins- just one of those days!

I can't really offer any advice on the feeding side but if the sneezing only happens directly after a feed I read most baby's will do this to clear their nose. Ross still does it! Obviously if she's bunged up or sneezing all the time that's different.

my lo was feeding anything from 5 mins a side to 30mins a side!!! zzzzzzzzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back