Feeds and sleeping

Jade89

Reaction score
Hi all.

Over the past few days Aaliyah wont sleep unless she's being held and as soon as I lay her in her bouncy chair or she is taken from my arms she wakes up and refuses to sleep unless someone is holding her. Since yesterday she has slept like its going out of fasion :shock: she will wake up and give a few smiles before her eyes start shutting and she's whinghing to go back asleep. Could she just be knackered and catching up on the sleeps she hasnt been having through the day? She is having her feeds but the sleeping also started when I upped her bottles to 7oz...plus she is teething and has a stuffy nose so you can only imagine how busy she is keeping me...any idea on why she could be sleeping loads though? and is 7oz of second stage formula milk okay for her? It seemed like 6oz wasnt satifying her but now her routine has just gone all to pot because even though i upped her oz she will sometimes have a bottle then another one about 2 and a half hours later when she used to go 4 hours.

Took her up the 24 hor doctors tonight and the dr said it might be her temprature going up and down, and when it goes up she gets lathargic (sp?) and goes to sleep...I think it's the weather, so i'm keeping her in until the weather is half decent again. I also know why she is having her bottles early, I think she is dehydrating and just drinks her bottles coz she is thirsty, so I have been giving her cooled boiled water. I have give her water before but she seems not to take any and is shocked by it as she swallows it but shes made the effort to actually drink some tonight lol.

Just glad she is okay...

Oh and she was laughing her head off at the dr's, kids make u out be such liars lol!

what do you mean by 2nd stage milk? 2nd stage is from 6 months....or do you mean hungrier baby milk?

i had the same problem wiv my daughter Aaliyah
fortunately she grew out of it n started to go back to her usual routine
hope things get sorted xxx

cassi said:
what do you mean by 2nd stage milk? 2nd stage is from 6 months....or do you mean hungrier baby milk?

Yeah hungrier baby milk, I call it second stage coz i use cow and gate and it's got a number 2 on the box.

I called my HV earlier and she said 7oz about every 3 hours is fine even tho it is a large ammount of milk, as long as shes keeping it down and sleeping through the night.

lol Bekki, fancy me calling my girl Aaliyah-Jade too! Another lady where I live was due after me but had her baby weeks early and she called her baby Aaliyah :wall: Doh lol...I was gonna use this name in 2005 though when I was first pregnant but ive had the name since the try again song came out by Aaliyah, just liked the name! So no1 can say i copied off her. Nice choice in name though Bekki 8)

thanx jaidy.

She is back to her old self, smiling and laughing at everyone! I sung her to sleep just, usually she will only sleep with a dummy but i sang nursery rhymes to her n she went asleep, had a tear in my eye id id :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back