Breastfeeding in public...

I e heard I should be drinking water when feeding why is this?

Breastfeeding is thirsty work! You need plenty of water to make milk. In the first weeks I got enormous thirst at let down and would drink masses. I still get thirsty so always have a bottle of water to hand, but less extreme so now I just drink enough to stay hydrated.

Last edited:
I used to bundle him up in a big blanket and get on with it, takes practice to get your confidence up. I don't feel comfortable bf my toddler in public he messes around too much and it's unnecessary anyway.

All the time and anywhere and everywhere: in Costa, McDonalds, park benches, soft play, the farm, the zoo. I don't give a monkeys! If my boy needs to eat, he's gonna eat. :)

Just wondered if anyone had ever been asked or refused to breast feed anywhere? Only happened once to me and was in the Job Centre while BF had a stint out of work. Was asked not to do it. Was pretty annoyed, especially since there was a drunk guy drinking a beer in the waiting area! Ended up popping out to car to do it. The reason they gave was there no consumption of food or drink allowed LOL.

That's awful but quite amusing as to their reasoning!! Wonder if they'd have said the same to a mother bottle feeding. I've never been asked to stop/leave and fed in loads of cafes, restaurants, parks etc... Was glad I had my lo last summer as he enjoyed lots of mink al-fresco ;-) xx

It is against the law for you to be asked to leave for bf.

They would have had hell to pay if they had asked me to go and feed somewhere else!

Disgusting!

XX

That's crazy I would have gone mad too! No eating or drinking policy?!! What a joke! X

Went out for family pub lunch yesterday for the first time. She was so well behaved - super fast feed when we got there and then slept for the rest of the meal :) My confidence in taking her out is slowly growing.

When I first had my son I wouldnt go out because I was embarrassed to breastfeed especially because other girl my age (20) all bottle feed, or id only go out inbetween feeds. I met my partners sister who also breastfeeds and she would happily do it anywhere..on the underground, park, pubs anywhere. Been with someone else gave me confidence..ill happily do it anywhere now and infront of anyone..alot of people I dont know have praised me when seeing me do it..its natural we eat anywhere so why shouldnt our babies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back