Breastfeeding and diet

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I've just realised I have no idea if there's anything you can and can't eat when breastfeeding?
Any no no's???

At our brestfeeding class the lady said that there wasnt anything that you cant eat but obviously be carefull of stuff that could give you a dickie tummy it would dehydrate you and would make feeding hard.
xxxx

Too much caffeine can unsettle your baby but I don't think there's anything that will harm your baby x

I kind of think if it gives me wind it will baby so I've gone easy on curry and onions etc. which I think has helped. You need to monitor caffeine too, think of it the same as pregnancy 2 or 3 cups a day otherwise you might have a grumpy baby on your hands! You can eat anything though really, some of the flavors go through to breast milk which is good for them. Things like oats (I have oaty chocolate milk it's lovely!) are good for your supply, you also need lots of carbs too x

I found out the hard way not to eat anything out of the ordinary. I had chicken tikka one time and Thai green curry another time and poor cameron really suffered for it :(

At our brestfeeding class the lady said that there wasnt anything that you cant eat but obviously be carefull of stuff that could give you a dickie tummy it would dehydrate you and would make feeding hard.
xxxx

^^WSS!!

And always make sure you drink plenty of water, it's really important!

I cut caffeinated drinks out completely while pregnant and have decided to carry it on as I don't see the need anymore when you can just have decaff! Will defo keep an eye on what I eat and how it effects him. How long after you eat something does he get it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back