Breastfeeding and Bras.

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
My sister gave me instructions when breastfeeding not to wear underwired bras. So i never have. I miss them so much.
But yesterday i was shopping in Peterborough and i went into H & M as i know they sell the nursing strappy tops. Well i came across some really pretty nursing bras. I picked them up and realised they were underwired!!! Now was i given false info or do i steer clear of them? I'm dying to get into some nice bras, and lift my sagging boobs a bit!

Hmmm dunno - Sorry.

I know it was inadvisable to wear underwired bras when pregnant, so that it didn't hurt baby, but not sure why you wouldn't be able to wear underwired once you've sprogged :D

always thought you weren'tr mant to wear underwired because they could potentially cut off milk flow/cause a blocked duct etc

:think: I really don't know, maybe they aren't as harsh underwires or somethign?

I was stood there ages and made OH compare them. There is no difference. Except the clips at the top!
I didn't buy any just incase it was just a money making thing!

Ooh i dont know hun, but i would be interested in whether you can or not. I do miss my pretty underwired bras :(

I remember reading something similar to what Zebrastripes said...

I wouldn't personally wear underwired bra (even though I miss them too) :think:

Zebrastripes is right, it's so that the pressure doesn't block a duct - especially beside your armpit where the underwire ends. Si it's saggy tits for us until the milk dries up and we can prop our boobies back up again :rotfl: Seriously though, the difference in profile is immense! I miss underwire :(

Ooh I got all hopeful for a secnd there...I miss the scafolding too :( And WHY are nursing bras so blimmin boring??? And also wHY is near impossible to find a back size smaller than 34? sorry lol, rant over :lol:

I was so hoping i was given incorrect info! Lol. Never mind. Will have to make do for a few more months!

Good news is you can wear an underwired bras while pregnant or breastfeeding. My best friend does it for a job and the reason that they say not to is because supposedly 'the pressure can block a milk duct and cause mastitis' in reality a correctly fitting bra does not cause pressure at the side under the arm pit, these problems are only caused when the bra is not fitted correctly. I have underwired maternity bras and they are way better.

Dont even get me started on nursing bras, trying to find a 30/32 G or H is impossible. :wall:

I have worn underwird bras through feeding both Seren and Cally. I love my girls and would sacrifice anyhting for them but a girl has her limits ;) Seriously though, I make sure they fit well, and I have had no problems with them

Incidentally, you can buy maternity bras that do have underwire, the wire is softer or something, these could be similar. I wish I could blimmin' find some though, I hate not having it.

Thank you so much!!! Shall get myself measured properly and get a couple!

I've been wearing underwire all through pregnancy and BFing and i dont have a problem with milk.

I usually wear some underwired maternity bra's from vertabaudet (sp :oops: ) they come as a 2 pack one white one black and although they arnt quite the support im used to they're actually ok and i have some shape, they're also really easy to feed with and are probably a little too loose on my back.

I also must admit to wearing some la senza underwired bras, they're the 3 way ones and i unhook the strap before a feed and pull the front down, not quite as comfy but great if you're out and about and require a little more umph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back