breast pump..

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
do i need one?

i'm hoping to breast feed..

electric or normal?

i'm sooo clueless xx

I dont know either. My friend has given me hers (manual avent one) but no idea how to even put it together! Maybe post in the ask a mum section?

Claire x

i bought a manual tommee tippee one as it was on offer, i cant bring myself to go with electric as cant get the picture of a cow on a milking machine out my head :?

You'll probably want to express milk at some stage...say if you want to go out for a while and let OH feed her or if you want OH to have some bonding time too. A lot of mothers like to hand over the late evening feed to OH so they can get more sleep. If you are going back to work while breast feeding then you'll definitely need to pump to have breast milk to feed while you're at work and also to stop your boobs getting over full and leaky while you're at work. I'd say that if it's just for occasional use, a manual pump is fine but if you need to use one daily get an electric one as manual pumping is hard work (rhythmically compressing a trigger for up to 30 min).

If you want to breast feed, I'd recommend that you read Midna's thread on breast feeding in the ask a mum section - I think its stickified. It's got tons of good advice that I wish I had before I started.

All the best!

I've got the Avent one! Wish I'd have bought it sooner tbh, I was left 6 hours on day 3 when my Mum desperately ran around the nearby towns trying to find one because my nipples were too sore to put Evie onto! It was either find a pump or give her a bottle! Luckily, we got one in the end, but it was such a nightmare!

Oh and mine's the Avent manual pump. :hug: xx

I was thinking about this today :D

My plan is not to get a pump at the moment until I'm sure breastfeeding is suiting both me & the baby. I don't want to buy one & then not be able to breast feed.

As for manual or electric I dunno :think: maybe electric as I'm going back to work when my baby is about 8 months old so he'll still be getting breastfed.

Lou x

hennaly said:
i bought a manual tommee tippee one as it was on offer, i cant bring myself to go with electric as cant get the picture of a cow on a milking machine out my head :?
Im the same! Although an electric one is probably easier I would feel like a cow! Especially if I had a double one! :shock: heehee

i have a tommee tippee manual one, i didnt fancy an electric one just dont seem right lol

I've still got to get mine and have decided to go for the Avent manual one. It'll be nice for Dave to do some of the feeds and as it's my birthday in December too, I want to have a drink (not too many, I might be :puke: ), so will express enough milk for Baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back